Are you a Data Scientist with an insatiable love for complex problems, big data, and the solutions that lie within? You thrive on real-world challenges that have real-world solutions. You can create a hypothesis and then dive into the data to discover the truth. But, you can do more than that! You can communicate your discoveries to the team and help implement the latest solution to the problem at hand.
As a Data Scientist in FIS' Fraud Risk and Compliance team, your role is to build analytical models and implement these models as part of the overall software solution to solve complex problems in financial fraud. You will be working within a math team along with software engineers, product managers, user interaction designers, and other software engineering roles to develop and enhance both new and existing products to be used by banks to fight fraud. Come dig into the data and help us find the thieves who are stealing within!
FIS is a Fortune-500 company, a leading provider of banking solutions. FIS maintains a strong global presence serving more than 14,000 financial institutions in more than 90 countries, with more than 30,000 employees worldwide. This Data Scientist role is in FIS's Risk, Fraud, and Compliance division, which develops industry-leading fraud detection solutions deployed at some of the world's largest financial institutions.
• A minimum of 2 years experience developing analytical models to solve complex problems.
• Parse and manipulate raw, complex data streams to prepare for loading into an analytical tool.
• Delve into data from multiple systems, at different timescales, and in complex formats to discover hidden relationships and useful information.
• Working with senior mathematicians, implement data mining and machine learning strategies to identify key parameters and develop models of suspicious or anomalous behavior.
• Provide assessments for key customers and identify areas worth further fraud analysis. Data analysis may encompass a range of analytic capabilities including aggregations, statistical analysis, moving averages, regression, time-series analysis, name and address matching, dynamic profiles, clustering, network analysis, and other appropriate mathematical techniques.
• Work directly with cross functional team(s) to define and implement analytical models as part of the overall product.
• Design and implement models that scale and perform well in large-scale, data-heavy applications.
• Monitor model performance and make recommendations for adjustments to increase accuracy.
• Document implementation details including model choices, rationale, and reasoning.
• Assist in creation of automated unit and functional tests for your solutions and work with QA to ensure quality.
• Collaborate with team to provide management with project estimates.
• 10 years related work experience with minimum 2 years experience developing analytical models.
• Data mining and statistical learning skills; data focused applied mathematics.
• Talent and passion for problem-solving, with the ability to find and select useful tools targeted for the job at hand.
• Experience with data-intensive applications, e.g. R, MatLab, NumPy, Strata.
• Experience with on-screen data manipulation, visualizing data.
• Experience on some of these technologies: C#, Java, or similar object oriented language
• Desire to analyze large data sets, find the truth in data, and develop efficient processes for data analysis.
• Competence in building predictive models and validating these models against your hypothesis.
• Strong work ethic with positive, can-do attitude.
• Great communicator with ability to explain complex topics in layman's terms for non-technical audience.
• Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial work environment.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Math, Computer Science, or Engineering-related field.
• Experience with data-intensive applications and large-scale data management
• Experience with banking and financial applications
• Experience with Agile Development / Scrum Methodologies
Finalists for the position of Data Scientist will be asked to use their creative thinking skills to solve and present an open-ended challenge problem involving data manipulation.
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
FIS is dedicated to complying with its obligations as an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer. Our recruiting and hiring procedures are free of discrimination based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected group status as defined by law.