| Save this job
| Email this job
Who We Are:
At Verizon, our people are busy changing the world—tackling the toughest challenges in areas like Healthcare, Energy, Public Safety, and Education. With an outward focus on our customers and integrity at our core, we're creating technology solutions that help businesses optimize their operations, families connect from anywhere, and whole communities leave smaller, greener footprints. The result? Widespread impact on the way people live, work and play across the entire globe.
That’s why we need the best and the brightest minds to join our team. People like you— determined to push boundaries, drive real change, and help us create a smarter, better future for all.
What We Do:
From secure cloud computing, to Machine-to-Machine communication, to robust omnichannel experiences, we’re spearheading tomorrow’s innovations, today. Our solutions are empowering individuals, businesses, and communities everywhere to unlock their potential and realize the power of technology. That means connecting children to hands-on learning experiences, enabling global businesses to build mobile workforces, and helping municipalities run greener and more efficiently. Simply put: we’re creating a better future. And you can be a part of it.
With our world of career-defining opportunities, you're sure to find the right fit for your expertise and experience. Visit jobsatvzw.com/vzwjobs
to learn more and apply today.
Careers For Everything You Are
Verizon is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V
RF System Performance Engineer
|Job Reference Number
The Engineer-System Performance is responsible for the system performance and optimization of the regional cellular system. This includes (but not limited to) the following:
- Closely monitor and meet System Performance goals. Specifically maximize the ability to connect to the network and improve the ability to retain a network connection without interruption, in the LTE, EvDO, and CDMA networks. Implement plans to improve accessibility and retainability.
- Perform all RF Performance activities required to support the network build program (new cells, digital conversions, CDMA and LTE carrier additions, equipment migrations, etc.). Analyze baseline results and implement solutions for improving those results.
- Monitor and respond daily to system problems. Implement corrective action in a timely manner. Troubleshoot system problems such as handoff failure, failed originations, frequency-related issues, and interference. Troubleshoot and resolve customer complaints and trouble tickets.
- Conduct data analysis of switch statistics and field data by conducting drive testing for potential sites, new site integration and system optimization. Develop and use service level indices to determine impact of new cells. Utilize drive data and trouble ticket reports to determine areas that require improvement. Evaluate coverage problems and new service requirements for coverage cells. Analyze drive data and assist in developing search areas related to geographic area of responsibility.
- Identify location specific needs for new traffic cells. Identify causes of RF interference, make recommendations and provide solutions for reducing interference. Conduct cell site performance/optimization related translations.
- Generate detailed plans for system improvements. Coordinate intersystem optimization and consider all FAA/FCC issues. Coordinate with RF Engineering regarding spectrum exhaust to prevent system blocking.
- Associates Degree Required Bachelor's degree in Engineering Preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in cellular industry, network experience required. Familiarity with cell site, switch, and various subscriber translations.
- Understanding of call processing (originations, terminations, handoffs, directed retry). Proficient knowledge of PC spreadsheet and database packages (Excel and Access). Familiarity with RF propagation tools and radio test equipment (Ascom, DataPro, spectrum analyzers, Actix, etc.).
- Familiarity with frequency planning constraints and requirements (i.e. C/I, co and adjacent channel criteria, etc.). Understanding of interference detection and correction techniques.
- Understanding of antenna characteristics and antenna system design/selection.
- Understanding of intermodulation distortion and knowledge of how to troubleshoot interference issues.
- CDMA, EVDO, and LTE data technologies experience Preferred
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Flexibility with work hours, as night work will be required for capital projects.
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, communication, and teamwork skills.
A valid driver's license is required and driver history must be limited to minor vehicle violations for past 3 years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Report this job
We are an equal opportunity employer m/f/d/v.
Find out what's going on with Verizon!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.