It's the new age of independence. And it's changing the way we live.
BE PART OF IT.
UNIVITA is dedicated to helping people live and age with independence. By providing a single place to find and manage resources which support independent living, UNIVITA makes it easier to access care and to age safely at home.
This is your opportunity to join an innovative company with a culture that promotes compassion, trust and accountability.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY In this position, you will work with other experienced professionals in a telephonic team environment. You will be adjudicating Long Term Care claims by speaking with families and geriatric enrollees to assess needs, create care plans.
- Manage a pipeline of claims for adjudication
- Create and monitor care plans as well as document and track findings.
- Educate family and enrollees and assess claims to ensure the appropriateness of benefits.
- Coordinate, monitor and reassess care plans as needed.
- Act as a patient advocate protecting privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Make outbound calls to assess members' current health status
- Identify gaps or barriers in treatment plans.
- 3+ years of Claims Adjudication experience
- Understand and interpret a variety of long-term care coverages
- Preferred 3+ years work experience with claims and interpretation of contracts
- Previous work experience in long-term care preferred as well as care / case management experience
- Working knowledge of healthcare industry, insurance industry, services for the elderly, and government programs related to care management.
- Experience working in a geriatric healthcare field preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience required
- Working knowledge of Windows and MS Office
- Flexibility to adjust to fluctuating work flows and changing assignments
- Organized, detail-oriented and an independent worker
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys working with the elderly
Univita offers a competitive and complete benefits package.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US visit univitahealth.com (EOE/AAE m/f/d/v)
Key Words: Long Term Care, Geriatric Care, Healthcare, Registered Nurse (RN), Social Worker (SW), Masters Social Worker (MSW), Care Manager or Management , Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Case Manager, Case Management
Univita provides home-based care management through specialized support and in-home interventions to people with complex needs. Univita’s comprehensive approach to delivering, integrating and managing home care services, promotes patient independence, improves accountability and lowers health care costs. Univita works with current and emerging population risk managers such as health plans, integrated health systems and physician groups, serving commercially insured working age, Medicare and Medicaid populations. To learn more, visit www.univitahealth.com.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US visit univitahealth.com
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Manages Others: Not Specified
Job Type: Health Care
Required Education: Not Specified
Required Experience: Not Specified
Contact: Not Available
What makes our team different?
We stand together across roles and responsibilities.
We work with a common set of values, grounded in innovation, accountability, compassion and trust.
We believe every employee has an important role to play in pursuing our mission and moving it forward.
We’re all about new points of view.
If you’re constantly looking for ways to do things differently and make things better, we think a lot alike. We’re looking for big thinkers.
We’re big and we’re small.
While we have over 1,300 employees nationwide, our culture is incredibly close-knit. When we work together, we’re better problem solvers and better partners to our customers, too.