TMX Finance is one of the largest, fastest growing and most profitable consumer specialty finance companies in the United States. Our family of brands includes TitleMax, TitleBucks, TMX Credit and InstaLoan. Headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, TMX Finance has over 1200 stores in 14 states and has aggressive growth plans to double in size over the next five years. The rapid growth of the company has created a wealth of career opportunities at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you've come to the right place.
Controller in Carrollton, TX area for TMX Finance (Field Operations)
Carrollton, TX area
The TMX Finance family of companies is one of the largest and fastest growing consumer specialty finance companies in the United States. With brands that include: TitleMax, TitleBucks, InstaLoan, EquityAuto Loan, TMX Credit, and AutoCash, TMX Finance is comprised of a diversified product offering. Headquartered in beautiful Savannah, Georgia, TMX Finance has over 1,200 stores spanning 14 states and has aggressive growth plans to double in size in the next three years. The rapid growth of the company has created a wealth of career opportunities at our corporate offices. If you are looking for a dynamic career with significant earning potential and tremendous advancement opportunities, you’ve come to the right place.
TMX Finance is currently seeking a Corporate Controller to serve as a key support member of the senior executive team. This individual will play a key role in the Divisional executive leadership team, with reporting lines to the CAO and business partner to the SVP of the division. Primary responsibilities will include effectively leading and motivating the divisional accounting team and managing the day to day activities of the division, and maintaining appropriate internal controls and relationships with external auditors and regulatory agencies. The ideal candidate will have strong business acumen coupled with previous experience in a multi-unit retail or consumer finance company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Accountable for monthly, quarterly and year end accounting close by stated deadline and assure the accuracy of these statements
Act as business partner with the Divisional management to ensure operational success and to help build the business model, implement tactical and strategic initiatives, and support the company’s performance and growth strategy
Apply appropriate accounting treatment of consumer products
Drive multi-departmental process improvements through the implementation of operational best practices
Lead annual budgeting and monthly (revenue) forecasting process, through building flexible and accurate models, supported by detailed financial analysis and development, and tracking of key performance indicators
Ensure full SOX compliance for all key controls in the area of responsibility
Primary contact with outside auditors on quarterly reviews and annual audits for the division
Communicate effectively with the technology team to automate accounting transactions from lending management system to ERP
Specific knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 10+ years of accounting experience, at least 5 years in a managing role at a Controller level
- 5+ years Big 10 public accounting experience is preferred
- B.S. degree in Accounting or Finance is required
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or MBA required
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems, Great Plains preferred
- Detail and solution oriented work style; someone who enjoys digging into the details and producing results
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- SEC reporting experience, 5+ years preferred
- Experience managing in a SOX compliant environment
- Multi-location retail or consumer finance experience preferred Strong knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting regulations
- Must be a proven, effective leader who can mentor, train and motivate a team along with managing multiple competing priorities to ensure accurate, timely results
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization to include the CAO and CEO
Due to the volume of resumes we receive, please be advised that only those candidates that we are interested in pursuing for an interview will be contacted.
TitleMax is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.