Education Affiliates is focused on building a network of post-secondary schools with diverse offerings. The post-secondary education industry is attractive because it is driven by favorable macroeconomic and societal trends.
Education Affiliates provides educational programs that deliver real-life career skills in high demand occupations that lead to employment upon graduation and a lifetime of personal growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaches courses as assigned by the Department Chair/DOE/Academic Dean.
- Utilizes unit and daily lesson plans.
- Utilizes a variety of supplementary resources (i.e. instructional technology, guest speakers, field trips, current articles and literature, discipline specific equipment, etc.).
- Maintains laboratory and classroom organization and cleanliness.
- Monitors classroom and student safety and immediately report safety concerns to appropriate manager.
- Actively engages in retention activities including documented communication with both students and administration regarding attendance and progress.
- Submits assigned grading and attendance documentation on deadline.
- Provides assistance for the planning, development, and maintenance of program curriculum.
- Works with the Department Chair/Director of Education/Academic Dean to resolve student concerns.
• Provides each student course syllabi on the first day of class.
• Grades tests, projects, and other assignments in a required timeframe.
• Records and maintains accurate student attendance and grade records.
• Participates in student activities such as serving as club advisors, if asked.
• Completes midterm evaluations for each student halfway through the term.
• Reports need for supplies and computer equipment to manager.
• Is aware of the school catalog, faculty handbook, and student handbook, and understands all the procedures and expectations stated within it as well as policies stated therein.
- Documented expertise in academic area as demonstrated by data sheets, diplomas, transcripts, certifications, resume
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years of significant program related/industry experience for Technical Instructor
- Appropriate program licensure, as well as relevant certifications, work experience and Associates, Bachelors or MS Degree as per accreditation and state licensing procedures. Specific requirements may vary depending upon state and accrediting commission regulations.
- Depending on the program taught, a certificate, diploma or degree at the same level as conferred for the program taught. The general education instructor must have a master’s degree and 15-18 semester masters level credits in the subject taught or a master’s degree in the subject taught.
- Post secondary teaching experience preferred
- Strong organizational and planning skills
Team player who demonstrates initiative, dependability and reliability