The ONE Call Center Transfer Nurse is responsible for the facilitation of the movement of patients in and out of HCA Central West Texas Division hospitals and rehabilitation.
Specific Job Functions include:
• All ONE CALL Center staff reports, at their scheduled time, to the ONE CALL Center.
• The OCC RN logs on to the phone and Teletracking system at the beginning and end of each shift, maintaining data integrity throughout their shift. Please refer to the communication policies.
• Responsible for facilitating and tracking all hospital patient transfers and transports. Must be proficient in EMTALA and document all transfer in the teletracking system.
• Responsible for completing the feedback loop regarding successful/unsuccessful patient transfers to receiving facility and any preferences, status changes or document needs during that transfer.
• Communicates with facilities, EMS, physicians and their staff to coordinate specific patient placement.
• If placement at a requested facility is problematic, the OCC nurse will offers alternative placement options, as appropriate.
• The nurse will use critical thinking skills to determine the best course of action, which will be satisfactory to the patient, the physician, and the hospital.
• Works collaboratively and seamlessly with other team members to expeditiously manage each patient movement requests, even when multiple calls are necessary.
• Consults with in – house and on - call physicians to facilitate physician to physician report regarding transfer of patient care.
• Establishes and maintains a high degree of awareness and knowledge of each CWT Division hospital’s medical staff, services, and specialty services.
• Utilizes critical thinking skills and acquired knowledge to assist in assessing situations and providing the best patient centric solution for overcoming obstacles
• Proactively consults the OCC chain of command in order to elevate issues that are unable to be resolved, in a timely manner, at the Transfer RN level.
• Proficient in running Teletracking, Bed Management, EMS web-based dispatch requests and other Call Center, office-oriented systems.
• Assists in entering challenges and issues, for the purpose of quality and process improvement.
• Exhibits excellent customer relationship skills, including telephone and personal contact with all of the call center’s internal and external customer groups, i.e., CWT Division hospitals, referral hospitals, clinics, physicians and their office staffs, EMS, etc.
• Deals effectively with unsatisfied customers using STUDOR principals, and elevates concerns to management level for further assistance in matter.
• Confidentiality and HIPAA considerations are maintained when dealing with patient personal health information records. Please refer to confidentiality policy.
• Call center uniform requirements apply.
Required: Current RN licensure; ACLS, PALS and BLS certifications
Required: Minimum requirement of graduation from an accredited ADN or Diploma program
Required: Minimum 2 years ER or acute care experience
Preferred: Previous telephone triage experience
• Previous telephone triage experience preferred;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including diplomatic and friendly telephone manner and use of professional vocabulary;
• Ability to self manage by taking responsibility to initiate, assess and take action;
• Ability to function calmly in stressful situations;
• Knowledge of CWT Division hospital services lines and clinical capabilities;
• Basic typing skills, 30 wpm;
• Basic personal computer skills;
• Positive, enthusiastic, helpful personality;
• Customer service oriented;
• Physical requirements include the ability to sit for extended periods of time and work in a confined space