DJO Global, Inc. is a leading global provider of high-quality, orthopedic devices, with a broad range of products used for rehabilitation, pain management and physical therapy. We also develop, manufacture and distribute a broad range of surgical reconstructive implant products. We are the largest non-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation device company in the United States and among the largest globally, as measured by revenues. Many of our products have leading market positions. We believe that our strong brand names, comprehensive range of products, focus on quality, innovation and customer service, extensive distribution network, and our strong relationships with orthopedic and physical therapy professionals have contributed to our leading market positions. We believe that we are one of only a few orthopedic device companies that offer healthcare professionals and patients a diverse range of orthopedic rehabilitation products addressing the complete spectrum of preventative, pre-operative, post-operative, clinical and home rehabilitation care.
Vice President - Marketing
DJO Global is a leading global developer, manufacturer and distributor of high-quality medical devices and services that provide solutions for musculoskeletal health, vascular health and pain management. We are currently seeking a Vice President of Marketing at our DJO Global - Dr. Comfort division at our Mequon, WI location
Responsible for the overall leading of the development, implementation, and monitoring of the largest most complex marketing and sales programs that span across multiple product lines, channels, regions or businesses that have a significant impact to Company results; leads the strategy and execution of a wide variety of marketing programs, products and services. Partners with executives and senior management to develop strategies to drive sales and increase profit, market share and brand awareness. Ensures program effectiveness, and compliance to regulations and policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned
• Sets the vision, tone and strategic direction of the organization.
• Establishes strategic marketing plans to achieve corporate objectives for products.
• Develops and executes comprehensive marketing plans and programs, both short and long range, to support sales and revenue objectives of organization.
• Researches, analyzes, and monitors financial, technological, and demographic factors to capitalize on market opportunities and minimize effects of competitive activity.
• Develops and manages marketing operating budget.
• Oversees pricing process for segment and ensures the company’s margin objectives are met.
• Plans and oversees advertising and promotion activities including print, online, electronic media, and direct mail.
• Participates in analysis and due diligence necessary to expand the business through mergers/acquisitions.
• Reviews new product ideas to determine strategic fit; recommend project priorities.
• Oversees development and production of promotional and collateral materials.
• Develops and recommends product positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
• Ensures effective control of marketing results and takes corrective action to guarantee that achievement of marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
• Oversees and evaluates market research and adjusts marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
• Monitors competitive products and marketing activities.
• Establishes and maintains relationships with industry influencers and key community and strategic partners.
• Resolves conflicts and facilitates changes in structure of marketing group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to marketing problems and opportunities.
• Conducts marketing research on current and new product concepts, and provides feedback for future product development.
• Guides preparation of marketing activity reports and presents to executive management.
• Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
• Directly supervises employees in marketing department; responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
• Design - Generates creative solutions; demonstrates attention to detail.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
• Project Management - Develops project plans; coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities.
• Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; shares expertise with others.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Change Management - Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Delegation - Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; inspires and motivates others to perform well; inspires respect and trust; accepts feedback from others; provides vision and inspiration to peers and staff; gives appropriate recognition to others; displays passion and optimism; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
• Managing People - Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; takes responsibility for staff' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops staff’ skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external).
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
ABOUT DJO GLOBAL
Headquartered in San Diego, CA (Vista), DJO Incorporated is a leading global provider of high-quality, orthopedic devices, with a broad range of products used for rehabilitation, regeneration, pain management and physical therapy sold through our DonJoy, Empi, CMF, Aircast / Procare, and Chattanooga Group business units.
We are the largest non-surgical orthopedic rehabilitation device company in the United States and among the largest globally. We also develop, manufacture and distribute a broad range of surgical reconstructive implant products through our DJO Surgical business unit.
We believe that our strong brand names, comprehensive range of products, focus on quality, innovation, customer service, extensive distribution network, and our strong relationships with orthopedic and physical therapy professionals have contributed to our leading market positions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Business/Marketing.
• Minimum 15 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must have the ability to think strategically.
• Must be effective at driving brand strategy, strategy comprehension, and strategy consensus within a diverse group of stakeholders.
• Excellent project management skills including planning, organization, implementation, achievement of deadlines, and ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Demonstrated competence with general computer skills: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Internet.
DJO is a portfolio company of the Blackstone Group.