Awards and Recognition
G4S focuses on advancing the safety and security of businesses and governments, ensuring the security of key assets — people, property, products and reputation
- 100 Most Admired Companies, Fortune
- Corporation of the Year, Florida Regional Minority Business Council
- Military Employer of the Year, Transition Assistance Online
- Patriotic Employer Above and Beyond Award, National Committee for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
- U.S. Army’s Partnership for Youth Success (PAYs)
- Top 50 Military-Friendly Employer® by G.I. Jobs magazine
- Most Valuable Employer (MVE) for Military™ finalist by CivilianJobs.com
- American Society for Training & Development BEST Award
- Training magazine’s Top 125
- Seven Seals Award, Employer Support for the Guard and Reserve (ESGR)
We want to thank all military veterans for their service to the country, and in honor of that service we want to welcome you back in the best way we can … with a career where your skills are incredibly useful.
G4S’ primary source for the best people has consistently been the U.S. military. While focusing on recruiting the best, we also work hard to ensure that our newly hired veterans remain at the top of their game. Our efforts to recruit and retain veterans have been awarded national recognition.
G4S was named a Top 50 Military-Friendly Employer® by G.I. Jobs magazine multiple times (most recently in 2011), a Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer® in 2010 and 2011, and was named to Training magazine’s Top 125 in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. We have received several awards from the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve and Most Valuable Military Employer in 2009, 2010, 2011 and most recently in 2012 (Civilian Jobs).
Our relationship with the U.S. military is both valued and nurtured by everyone at G4S. For example, we assisted the U.S. Navy by participating in a review of the basic training curriculum for the Master-at-Arms (MA) rating. This program provides comprehensive training to individuals in security and law enforcement roles in the Navy and prepares them for transfer to such roles in the civilian sector. G4S is also a sponsor for the Master-at-Arms rating through the U.S. Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP).
G4S also helps veterans through the following initiatives:
- Partnering with U.S Army’s Partnership for Youth Success (PaYS) program, which provides America’s youth with an opportunity to serve their country while they prepare for their future.
- Participating in job fairs sponsored by RecruitMilitary, a nationwide, full-service military-to-civilian recruiting firm.
- Connecting with transitioning and former military personnel through Corporate Gray. This organization supports veterans with military-to-civilian career transition books, military-friendly job fairs and online support.
- As member of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce initiative Hiring Our Heroes, we are committed to helping veterans and military spouses find meaningful employment. This program is in place in our hundreds of local offices where veterans and military families return every day.
As you can see, it doesn’t get much better than G4S for military veterans when it comes to finding a new job or career.
Who we are
G4S is the world's leading international security solutions group, with more than 50,000 employees across the United States and Canada
Offering a unique combination of personnel, project management, risk management, and technology solutions, G4S focuses on advancing the safety and security of businesses and Governments, ensuring the security of key assets—people, property, products and reputation.
G4S Secure Solutions in North America encompasses a range of business units which together provide the opportunity for truly integrated services to Government and the business sector.
- G4S Secure Solutions (USA) is a leading provider of integrated security solutions in the United States
- G4S Regulated Security Solutions (RSS) is a leading provider to customers in the specialized fields of commercial nuclear facilities
- G4S Nuclear Security Services Corporation (NSSC) is the worldwide leader in the field of detection and assessment systems for high level security facilities in the United States
- G4S Youth Services LLC provides governments with safe, secure, and effective programs that address the needs of delinquent and troubled youth
- G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd works in partnership with governments, businesses and organizations to provide integrated security solutions in Canada
G4S Technology provides integrated systems and security solutions, protecting everything from small offices and schools to large multi-national organizations and high security Government facilities.
G4S Compliance & Investigations is a global leader in fraud abatement solutions and corporate compliance needs.
The world’s leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Traditional Security Officer. G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
- Perform security patrols of designated areas on foot or in vehicle
- Watch for irregular or unusual conditions that may create security concerns or safety hazards
- Sound alarms or call police or fire department in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons
- Warn violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking or carrying forbidden articles
- Permit authorized persons to enter property and monitors entrances and exits
- Observe departing personnel to protect against theft of company property and ensure that authorized removal of property is conducted within appropriate client requirements
- Investigate and prepare reports on accidents, incidents, and suspicious activities
- Provide assistance to customers, employees and visitors in a courteous and professional manner
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
- If previously employed, meaningful and verifiable work history
- Ability to operate radio or telephone equipment and/or console monitors
- Ability to interact cordially and communicate with the public
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
Physical Requirements and Environment
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the State
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must have access to reliable transportation
- Must not use illegal drugs. Must be able to pass a drug test with negative results (except when undergoing documented medical treatment).
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
- Upon acceptance of a job offer, must be able to pass the following:
- Physical exam, if armed or required by client contract
Environment: Indoor and outdoor, temperature ranges from moderate to extreme cold and heat
Major activity: Walking, standing, speaking, listening, observing
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Standing, walking, and sitting. Minimal to no stooping or kneeling.
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.