Assistant Houskeeping Manager- Wyndham Grand Pittsburgh Downtown
The Housekeeping Supervisor is responsible for administering and coordinating housekeeping functions in assigned sections, as well as assuming all Housekeeping Manager functions in his/her absence.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in
- an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager with training, coaching, and developing the housekeeping staff.
- Responsible for inventory, purchasing, and assisting with tracking financials.
- Must keep track of payroll and approve the hours of each staff member.
- Maintains departmental policies, standards and procedures.
- Identifies and reports maintenance related problems.
- Participate in daily operations including cleaning and inspecting of units to maintain standards.
- Perform all other duties as requested by Management
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Inspect Room Attendant's work performance within assigned section on a daily basis to ensure the standards and productivity levels are being met and maintained.
- In the absence of the Housekeeping Manager or Assistant Housekeeping Manager, inspect all V.I.P. rooms and report their availability to the Front Office, according to hotel standards.
- Oversee the closing of the floors at the end of the day, ensuring the Room Attendants' carts are clean and restocked.
- Ensure records of daily assignments are completed, signed off and turned into the Housekeeping Office on time.
- Maintain key control.
- Handle items for 'Lost and Found' according to the standards.
- Monitor cleanliness and orderliness of Room Attendants' carts, linen closets, control closets, stairways and landings.
- Oversee the daily assignment of duties, ensuring Room Attendants and House Attendants carry a work assignment.
- Carry an active pager/radio to maintain contact with the Front Office and/or Engineering throughout the shift.
- Report on progress of all out-of-order rooms under the Housekeeping Department's supervision to the Guest Services Manager, according to standards.
- Initiate work orders for repairs and maintenance and forward to Engineering. Follow through on each work order until completed.
- Assist with training of Housekeeping staff.
- Ensure completion of cleaning projects on a biannual basis.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- 3 years related housekeeping experience
- 1 year supervisory experience required
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Power Point
- Able to handle stress in a fast-paced work environment.
- Able to exercise good judgment in making decisions.
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks, have a sense of urgency to complete projects and be detail oriented.
- Two to three years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful.
WHG is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check prior to employment.
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
About Wyndham Worldwide
Wyndham Worldwide is one of the world's largest hospitality companies, providing a wide range of accommodations and services for leisure and business travelers through a global portfolio that includes the world's largest hotel company, the world's largest vacation exchange network, the world's largest marketer of serviced vacation rentals, and the world's leading vacation ownership business.
- Wyndham Hotel Group
- Base Pay:
- Other Pay:
- Employee Type:
- Manages Others:
- Not Specified
- Job Type:
- Required Education:
- High School
- Required Experience:
- At least 3 year(s)
- Required Travel:
- Not Specified
- Relocation Covered:
- Not Specified
- Reference ID:
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Not Available
- Not Available
- Not Available