We are on the lookout for a driven individual with a passion for the biotechnology industry. One of our clients is looking to add a strong Product Testing Laboratory Manager to their team:
1) Provide leadership to laboratory staff under his/her responsibility, to develop and execute the production plan and ensure timely and accurate reporting within the guidelines provided by the operations directors
2) Apply Health and Safety and Quality standards as required by the company systems and legislation
3) Develop, implement and be responsible for the achievement of the production plan for the business unit in line with the KPIs agreed with senior management for the effectiveness and efficiency of the unit
4) Undertake site management responsibility for the operational units based in the Northern CA Product Testing site
5) Ensure correct planning, budgeting and the timeliness and accuracy of the reporting of unit results
6) Ensure accuracy of the commercial offers to customers, from a scientific and timing perspective and provide technical support to the commercial team
7) Be responsible for the operational effectiveness and development of staff through people management skills and the application of relevant human resource processes
8) Be accountable for technical and scientific progress in the laboratory by ensuring the appropriate development and application of new techniques, develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers, and ensure maintenance contracts for all laboratory equipment are kept up-to-date
9) Develop and maintain high quality contacts with relevant authorities, professional organizations and suppliers, and ensure the maintenance of company accreditation
10) Support the development, implementation and optimal use of the company LIMS system and ensure usage at all levels of the laboratory
11) Ensure management and staff participation in development activities to so that they keep up to date with relevant technological progress
12) Actively maintain contacts with other laboratories and external bodies to ensure the consistent development and communication of knowledge across the business
13) Uphold and apply the values, the leadership standards and act as a role model for management and staff
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Biotechnology Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, Medical Device Jobs, Small Molecule, Biologic, Oncology, Hematology, Dermatology, Neurology, Cardiology, Urology, Nephrology, Vaccine, Disease, Drug Development, Surgery, Physician, EMR, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Scientist, R&D, Clinical Research, Clinical Trial, Regulatory Affairs, Nutraceutical, Surgeon, MD, Hospital, Immunology, Quality, QC, Validation, Engineer, QA, Manufacturing, Engineering, Aseptic, Sterility, Hospital, Research and Development, Medical Affairs, Drug Safety
1) Appropriate full-time work experience is mandatory (no students or fresh graduates please)
2) Recent experience in the biotechnology industry is strongly preferred
3) Preference will be given to people have recent experience in R&D
This role is a great opportunity for the right person looking to advance their career with a great company.
Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is the premier recruitment firm in North America for companies involved in the research, clinical development, manufacturing and distribution of drugs and devices that allow patients to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Leveraging a network of relationships in every major city – including New York, San Francisco, Raleigh-Durham, Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Los Angeles – Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is ideally positioned to assist fast growing CROs, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms and medical device players in their quest to recruit the best people.