Software QA Engineer (Encore)
Creates and executes product test plans to ensure software products meet design specifications and product quality standards. Communicates with stakeholders on software issues.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills; effective customer service skills.
• Ability to work independently or within a team environment and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Knowledge of quality assurance methods and techniques including the software development lifecycle.
• Strong knowledge of Windows based operating systems and Microsoft networks.
• Effective planning and organizational skills, with an attention to detail.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work with specialized software tools; effectively implement and evaluate new processes or plans.
• Ability to execute test plans and test scripts for commercial software applications, document expected results vs. actual results, and record software defects.
• Knowledge of automated testing software tools with ability to design and develop automated testing programs preferred.
• Knowledge of software development methodologies preferred.
• 3+ years experience in software testing or related field.
• Experience in the software or financial industry preferred.
Education Required• Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
Responsibilities• May create test plans from specifications.
• Executes test plans and test cases and compiles results.
• Sets up and maintains personal testing environments. May set up team testing environments.
• May assist in the review of software testing processes to improve product quality.
• Tracks defects from detection to resolution in tracking system and works with developers to reproduce and resolve defects.
• Communicates with stakeholders on product issues.
• Acquires and maintains knowledge of existing products, operations or systems.
• Reviews product documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy.
• Provides support to stakeholders prior to GA release of software.
• May create and/or run scripts to populate data and validate test results.
• May design, develop, and maintain test scripts to be automated.
• May provide testing effort estimates for enhancements.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to receive, express, or exchange detailed information through oral and written communication.• Ability to type and use the computer.• Position involves mostly sedentary work, exerting a negligible amount of effort to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Work involves sitting most of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work is performed in a general office environment.
Harland Financial Solutions serves as a strategic technology partner to more than 6,000 financial institutions of all sizes, including commercial banks, thrifts, credit unions and mortgage companies. The company supplies comprehensive software solutions and services that help increase institutional performance and drive profitability. Its portfolio of solutions includes branch automation, business intelligence, core processing systems, enterprise content management, financial accounting, lending & compliance, loan servicing, payments, risk management and self service solutions.