Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for an Account Manager in the Central / Eastern New York area.
The Account Manager will sell industrial gases, and is responsible for growth and new customer acquisition in a defined territory within the North American Merchant Liquid/Bulk selling organization. The territory is supported by the Glenmont, New York plant. The Account Manager will report to the Northeast Region Sales Manager.
• Selling oxygen, nitrogen, argon and hydrogen into a defined territory.
• Meeting new and renewal business signings targets and improving the profitability of the existing base business.
• Bachelor's Degree preferred, MBA a plus.
• High potential individual with previous commercial experience (3-5 years) and demonstrated customer interaction and relationship building skills.
• Experience selling in the industrial gas industry would be a major plus.
• Strong selling and influence skills, strategic thinking, disciplined work habits, financial acumen.
• Strong desire to succeed.
• Solid team building skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills, customer focus and the ability to work independently out of your home.
• Comfortable working within a fast paced matrix organization.
Air Products (NYSE:APD) provides atmospheric, process and specialty gases; performance materials; equipment; and technology. For over 70 years, the company has enabled customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by both Thomson Reuters and Forbes magazine, more than 21,000 employees in over 50 countries supply effective solutions to the energy, environment and emerging markets. These include semiconductor materials, refinery hydrogen, coal gasification, natural gas liquefaction, and advanced coatings and adhesives. In fiscal 2013, Air Products had sales of $10.2 billion. For more information, visit www.airproducts.com.
To apply for this position, please visit the Air Products Career Center. Click on the link Search job openings from the left navigation bar. You can apply specifically to Job Req #13761BR. If you are a current Air Products employee, please apply via APOnline by clicking on Online Applications, then selecting Career Center.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V) where diversity matters.
| Employment Type:
| Base Pay:
| Other Pay:
| Manages Others:
| Required Travel:
| Job ID:
Report this job
Not Ready to Apply?