Graduate Rail Engineer
The Infrastructure & Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Graduate Rail Engineer for immediate employment in the Chicago office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established background/education in civil engineering, specific to railway engineering. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The incumbent can look forward to working with Class I, short-line and passenger rail lines.
• Receive direction from Project Managers or Senior Project Engineers as to roles and responsibilities
• Assist others in analyzing information and data to perform routine design tasks
• Participate in non-design engineering activities such as construction inspection and materials testing, surveying, CADD production, and filed data collection
• Research design options and document finding for Senior Project Engineer
• Maintain project database by writing computer programs; entering and backing up data
• Research code requirements
• Prepare environmental impact and other administrative reports required for project permits
• Advise Senior Project Manager of workload and any changes in project schedule, scope or additional services
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
• Perform administrative duties associated with project management
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The minimum qualifications for this position include:
•Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
•Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
•Rail and/or Highway Experience
•Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our work is focused in four key market sectors: federal, infrastructure, power, and industrial and commercial. Within each of these markets, our comprehensive skills and expertise are a valued resource to clients around the world.
The broad range of markets we serve and the wide spectrum of services we provide offer career opportunities that are virtually unmatched in the industry. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting out, at URS, you can work on some of the largest and most challenging projects in the world.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of talented professionals—many of whom are at the top of their fields—on projects that impact our world for the better. We are a company where people of every background thrive and contribute, and we are committed to fostering an intellectually stimulating environment that leads to exceptional professional development and career advancement.
At URS, there are no barriers to where your talent can lead you. We invite you to join us and do the best work of your life.