When you’re moving at our pace, you have to manage to our standards.
Project Management Opportunities at UnitedHealth Group. Get your motor running. This is the opportunity that will bring all your study, all your training, your certifications and your energy to a new level. We’ll put you in the driver’s seat on vital projects that have strategic importance to our mission of helping people lead healthier lives. Yes, we share a mission that inspires. And we also share a near obsessive desire to outperform and outdo our own achievements across our entire global business landscape. We need your organizational talents and business discipline to help fuel ours. Along with ground-breaking challenge and resources of a Fortune 17 workplace, we offer something special. It’s the opportunity to do
your life’s best work.℠
Senior IT Process Analyst
The Senior Business Process Analyst (programmer/analyst) will be responsible for analyzing and solving issues as well as gathering technical requirements related to the Health Plan Operations areas. Issues are then reviewed and/or resolved with/without the development team. The Senior Business Process Analyst will also work cross-functionally with internal departments and business partners to understand and provide technology solutions for applications and data integration efforts. Automated quality checks and balancing skills will also be necessary between systems to ensure integrity.
- Gather information from existing systems, analyze program and time requirements
- Provide technical advice on complex programming
- Write and prepare detailed specifications for programs at all levels of complexity
- Communicate with the development teams to schedule development of system modifications and/or new modules
- Design systems and programs to meet complex business needs including enhancements to existing programs
- Ensure programs meet standards and technical specifications; perform technical analysis and component delivery
- Assist and/or support project personnel in resolving moderately complex program problems
- Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer/code reviews
- Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs
- Coding applications, reports, and systems as required, including automated QA and balancing to ensure integrity where applicable
- Perform testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts
- Coordinate the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts
- Extract data on an as-needed basis
- Work with all areas and management to resolve issues and validate programming requirements within Health Plan Operations' areas of responsibility
- Work closely with all levels of the organization to quickly prototype possible approaches to problems and needs, and help design and implement the final solution
- Enhance processes where applicable
- Create and manage project plans where required (small scale only)
- Assist corporate project managers in preparing time estimates and justification for assigned tasks
- Remain abreast of industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards
- Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
- Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
What makes your technology career greater with UnitedHealth Group? You'll have the most opportunities to grow and develop. We invest in rich technology resources and talented people to help glean and use intelligence in ways that drive quality and affordability of healthcare for millions of people worldwide. It's your chance to be a transformational force in the industry and within UnitedHealth Group. If you believe there is always a better way, take the next step in exploring your potential with UnitedHealth Group.
Bachelors in Computer Science or Information Systems, or equivalent work experience
Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in Information Technology
Minimum of 2 years of experience in application maintenance and/or production support
Experience with SQL Server
Experience with .NET technologies, C#, C++, other programming languages (or any combination thereof)
Experience in data analysis and/or report design/development
Experience with relational database concepts and query tools
Extensive knowledge of Health Plan Payer industry (CMS-Medicare/Medicaid MA-PD preferred)
Knowledge of TriZetto Facets database and batch processes
Knowledge of CMS Compliant Enrollment requirements
Experience with TSQL and SSIS/SSAS
UnitedHealthcare Benefit Operations is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
Imagine joining a group of professionals and clinicians who are working to improve health care for people over 50. Consider the influence you can have on the quality of care for millions of people. Now, enhance that success with enthusiasm you can really feel.
That's how it is at UnitedHealthcare. Every day, we're collaborating to improve the health and well-being of the fastest growing segment of our nation's population. And we're doing it with an intense amount of dedication.
Here, you will discover a culture that grows through challenge. That evolves by being flexible. That succeeds by staying true to our mission to make health care work effectively and efficiently for seniors. Put your best to work for us, and discover extraordinary opportunities for growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Finance
Job Reference Code: UHG-527893
Position Type: Full-Time