Customer Service careers at UnitedHealth Group give you the opportunity to make a real difference helping people live healthier lives. As a trusted customer service representative of unitedHealth Group, your ability to listen, understand and solve problems will drive positive health outcomes for our members. you’ll be well supported with the latest tools, advanced training curriculum and the combined strength of a high caliber team. you’ll discover a wealth of pathways for professional growth within Customer Service and across our global company. you’ll also enjoy a healthy work/life balance. Learn more about why this is the place to do your life’s best work.℠
Outbound Call Team Representative - San Antonio, TX
When you are in the
business of health care, you're in the business of people. At
UnitedHealth Group we want every customer experience to be distinctly
personal. The challenge is complex. When people call us for help, their
focus is on getting the best care possible. We help them understand
their benefits and their options. This part of their lives matters a lot
to them and it matters just as much to us. Our customer service teams
have a serious responsibility to make every contact informative,
productive, positive, and memorable for what it says about how much we
in this function are responsible for providing expertise and customer
service support to members, customers, and/or providers. Direct
phone-based customer interaction to answer and resolve a wide variety of
- Provide excellent customer service
- Constantly meet established productivity, schedule adherence, and quality standards
- Respond to complex customer calls
- Resolve customer service inquiries which could include:
- Benefit and Eligibility information
- Billing and Payment issues
- Customer material requests
- Physician assignments
- Authorization for treatment
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
- Moderate work experience within own function.
- Some work is completed without established procedures.
- Basic tasks are completed without review by others.
- Supervision/guidance is required for higher level tasks.
- High School Diploma/GED is required
- 3+ years of previous customer service experience; i.e. analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ years experience where the phone and computer were used simultaneously as primary tools
- Some college is preferred
- Previous healthcare experience is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of FACETS 4.51 is preferred
- Healthcare Benefits Education experience is preferred
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands/fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Service center environment with moderate noise level due to Representatives talking, computers, printers, and floor activity Take the next step, online at: www.yourlifesbestwork.com
, part of the UnitedHealth Group
family of companies, is comprised of three specialized businesses dedicated to meeting the health care benefits needs of individuals and groups; all part of something greater, but each with a specialized focus:
UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual works with individuals, small businesses and large multi-site employers to provide innovative, affordable benefits services.
UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement is focused on serving Americans over the age of 50. It is the largest business dedicated to meeting the growing health and well-being needs of aging individuals in the nation, serving one in five Medicare beneficiaries through a comprehensive and diversified array of products and services through four industry-leading businesses.
UnitedHealthcare Community & State provides high-quality, personalized, public-sector health care programs that help local government agencies improve health outcomes for millions of children and low-income and disabled individuals at an affordable cost.
Together, we're removing the barriers that keep people from receiving the kind of quality health care that makes a difference. We focus on Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance as we empower people to achieve better health and well-being.
Come grow and thrive in our culture of innovation and ideas. Because there is no opportunity greater than the quest to help people live healthier lives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Customer Service
Admin - Clerical
Job Reference Code: UHG-531503
Position Type: Full-Time