DISH is an innovative industry leader distinguished by its pioneering spirit. Ever since our establishment in 1980, we’ve been the ideal workplace for people with adventurous spirit and creativity, who are smart risk takers and aggressive winners - all those for whom the status quo just isn’t enough. Our Fortune 200 Company continues to define the curve in television entertainment. We are always improving and extending our products and delivering greater value to people, including our workforce of 25,000 plus. Come explore the big picture with us!
Learn More about DISH
Visit Our Website »
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), a Fortune 200 company with over 25,000 employees and annual revenues exceeding $14B, provides over 14 million satellite TV customers with the highest quality programming and technology with a line-up of more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. We aggressively recruit energetic, driven and intelligent people to meet the demands of our exciting industry and to help us reach our vision of changing the way the world communicates. There has never been a more exciting time to join the DISH Network Team.
We are currently seeking a Senior Manager, Human Resources, based in Charlotte, NC, or Atlanta, GA to lead the regional HR team for the DISH Network Service (DNS) Southeast Region. This key leader will support over 1500 employees in 30 DISH Network Services locations in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. We're looking for the rare talent that can be both strategist and technician; people who believe that great human resource leadership is a deeply collaborative process. We're looking for people with strong capability, passion and pride. This is the place for human resource professionals who enjoy being told that something isn't possible and then proving that it is.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Senior HR Manager will direct the HR practices and strategies in support of this critical customer-facing function that is responsible for the installation, education and ongoing service of our valuable subscribers across the SE region. This leadership position will own an important part of the DISH Network Services HR team and will partner with business leaders to ensure the successful implementation and uniform administration of company-wide initiatives and practices. The Sr. HR Manager supports the achievement of regional and national financial and client goals for the year, through progressive recruiting, compensation management, employee development and retention programs. In addition, this role ensures HR strategies and practices are consistently implemented throughout the system. Relocation assistance is available for this role.
This critical role reports to the DNS HR Director and manages a staff of HR Generalists who own the day to day relationship for HR with our DNS Regional Director and leadership team. Travel demands vary based on the business, but is estimated at 25-50%.
- Research and recommend progressive human resource programs that will enhance overall organizational effectiveness and enhance the ability of the company and function to meet its strategic business goals
- Develop and execute talent management plans to ensure that our best talent is placed in the right positions through targeted recruiting and on-going development
- Manage the DNS SE Region HR Generalists and partner with our centralized recruiting team to meet or exceed quarterly and annual recruiting targets in the most efficient and effective manner possible ensuring a great candidate and hiring manager experience
- Support the development and sustained implementation of leading practices to continually increase the number, speed and quality of hires
Learning & Development:
- Work with regional DNS trainers and Corporate Talent Management Team to roll out both national and local training and development programs that drive employee productivity, engagement, and retention
- Partner closely with the Corporate Talent Management Team to ensure proactive, consistent and high quality execution of selection and development strategies and tools
- Oversee our team of HR Generalists as they partner with managers and other staff to facilitate the resolution of employee relations' issues and the roll out of HR programs, policies and initiatives
- Ensure policies, practices and procedures are administered in a fair and consistent manner and in accordance with all applicable local, state and/or federal laws
- Work with colleagues in the DISH HR shared services organization (compensation, benefits, HRIS, analytics, etc) to assure good alignment with employee needs and ongoing process/service improvement initiatives
- 7-10+ years of progressively responsible Human Resources experience, with at least 2 at the manager level. Operations environment is a plus
- Proven track record within multiple HR disciplines: employee relations, training and development, and recruiting experience are most critical
- Experience leading an HR team, including professionals at a manager level. Experience managing teams in remote locations a plus
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial culture as well as a larger, established company desired
- Experience in coaching and advising employees at multiple levels from front-line hourly employees to executives
- Deep knowledge of best practices from past employers, professional networks, continuing education. Strong preference for past experience with a best-in-class employer with strong, innovative HR practices
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Ability to stand firm and remain committed when necessary and facilitate understanding when difficult decisions must be made and executed
- Adept at handling multiple competing priorities and duties in a fast-paced, results driven, rapidly changing environment - with minimal daily oversight
- A bachelor's degree in business, HR or a related field is required
- Ability to regularly travel 25%-50% based on business needs
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.