Senior Director of Business Strategy
Our client is looking for a Senior Director of Business Strategy with solid business strategy management experience from the pharmaceutical/medical device industry. Specifically, we are looking for someone who is able to handle the following responsibilities...
1) Lead and ensure successful execution and sustainable implementation of our API strategic plans
2) Lead programs and projects to execute key API initiatives as endorsed by the senior leadership team
3) Design and implement process excellence for API project and program implementation as it relates to cost, quality, timelines and sustainability
4) Lead cross-functional teams, working with all relevant stakeholders to refine strategy, to identify and mitigate risks to sustainable results (cost, quality, timeliness) and process / operations, technology, organization (including people) and finances
5) Execute business analysis to provide strategy direction to the API team to focus on business opportunities of greatest value
6) Develop and implement strong program and project governance and delivery skills like initiation, planning, execution, status reporting, financials, stakeholder management, resource management, risks, issues, dependencies and prioritization
7) Ensure that effective project management governance, procedures, tools, metrics and financial controls are established and maintained for the program's operations
8) Act as a liaison to various stakeholders to identify and assess business processes, workflow, business requirements, enablers, financials, communication, etc.
9) Lead discussions and alignment with senior management and key stakeholders to confirm project sponsorship and support to agreed strategies and report progress, achievements, significant issues and risks
10) Work with the executive team to ensure needs and expectations regarding communication, budget, approach, results and timing are met
11) Recommend cost-effective solutions to address business challenges and opportunities
12) Ensure that effective project management governance, procedures, tools, metrics and financial controls are established and maintained for the program's operations
13) Lead, inspire and ensure appropriate ownership and accountability in a highly matrix environment
14) Represent the competitive strategy team at internal and external meetings and strategy review presentations/overview as appropriate
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Biotechnology Jobs, Pharmaceutical Jobs, Medical Device Jobs, Small Molecule, Biologic, Oncology, Hematology, Dermatology, Neurology, Cardiology, Urology, Nephrology, Vaccine, Disease, Drug Development, Surgery, Physician, EMR, Healthcare, Life Sciences, Scientist, R&D, Clinical Research, Clinical Trial, Regulatory Affairs, Nutraceutical, Surgeon, MD, Hospital, Immunology, Quality, QC, Validation, Engineer, QA, Manufacturing, Engineering, Aseptic, Sterility, Hospital, Research and Development, Medical Affairs, Drug Safety
1) University degree is required (preference will be given to those with degree in relevant field, though all candidates are welcome and encouraged to apply)
2) Appropriate full-time work experience is mandatory (no students or fresh graduates please)
3) Recent experience in the pharmaceutical/medical device industry is strongly preferred
4) Preference will be given to people have recent experience in business strategy management
This position is critical to the team and requires a qualified individual to fill the role... someone with a real go-getter attitude!
Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is the premier recruitment firm in North America for companies involved in the research, clinical development, manufacturing and distribution of drugs and devices that allow patients to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Leveraging a network of relationships in every major city – including New York, San Francisco, Raleigh-Durham, Chicago, Dallas, Denver and Los Angeles – Sterling-Hoffman Life Sciences is ideally positioned to assist fast growing CROs, pharmaceutical companies, biotech firms and medical device players in their quest to recruit the best people.