We are on the lookout for a driven individual with a passion for the baked goods industry. One of our clients is looking to add a strong Operations Supervisor to their team:
1) Direct all warehouse and transportation operations and closely interact with department associates
2) Review results of warehouse and transportation operations and compare them to budget
3) Work with Branch General Manager to take corrective actions to achieve results
4) Analyze sales levels in order to determine allocation and assignment of associates for warehouse and distribution departments
5) Manage and prioritize, projects and schedules
6) Review and analyze weekly and period reports
7) Make recommendations or takes actions to achieve desired results
8) Be responsible for all areas of inventory control and implement company's best practices
9) Be accountable for sanitation and physical condition of warehouse, material handling equipment, and rolling stock
10) Schedule and supervise all repairs as needed, to include review of bids, and subsequent service agreements
11) Recommend capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment to increase efficiency and services of Operations Department
12) Be responsible for the safety of departmental associates and visitors
13) Direct investigations of all accidents and recommend corrective actions
14) Ensure compliance with warehouse and transportation related administrative policies, procedures, safety rules and governmental regulations
15) Direct salvage of products identified as damaged or spoiled
16) Direct investigations into causes of customer or shipper complaints and respond accordingly
17) Follow-up on all customer requests and inquiries to ensure appropriate response is made and customer is satisfied
19) Work closely with union representatives at bargaining unit branches
20) Serve as first point of contact for union communication and grievances
21) Treat all customers (both internal and external) with respect, courtesy and kindness
22) Uphold and compile with policies and attitudes adopted by the company
23) Adhere to all company policies, procedures and safety rules as stated in the Employee Handbook and otherwise posted or communicated
24) Manage all Warehouse and Transportation associates through subordinate supervisors or direct interaction
25) Be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the employees
26) Ensure interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems
27) Other duties may be assigned to meet company goals
More questions? Want to know the Salary range? Keep reading.
The best way to get more details is to click ‘Apply’, upload your resume, and ENTER YOUR QUESTIONS in the ‘Cover Letter’ field. A recruiter will call you and answer all of your questions (if they feel you are a fit for the role). Your resume will be kept CONFIDENTIAL – we respect your privacy. Our Recruiters are more likely to respond to your questions if they know you are *seriously* interested, and prefer to know a little bit about your background before calling.
1) Follow our CEO on Twitter for status-updates about your job application:http://www.twitter.com/sterlinghoffman
2) Add our CEO on Facebook:
We will try to respond to your questions privately via Twitter or Facebook only.
TAGS: Food Jobs, Beverage Jobs, Food Careers, Meat, Dairy, Baked Goods, CPG, Bakery, Beef, Vegetable, Fruit, Snacks, Cream, Cheese, Ingredients, Wine, Candy, Confectionery, Bread, Bagel, Nutraceutical, Kraft, Grocery, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality Assurance, QA, QC, Sanitation, Logistics, Maintenance, Engineering, Engineer, Food Science, Beverage Careers, Food Manufacturing, Food Processing, Food Science, Restaurant, Fresh Produce, Organic Foods, Food Industry, Beverage Industry, Frozen Dessert, Frozen Food
FEP Search Group is one of North America's most competent and resource-rich staffing firms.
Established in 1975, the firm has been able to align clients with the industry's best talent. Our 16,000-plus highly qualified candidates placed successfully in leading companies prove that we are one of North America's most competent, aggressive and candidate-rich search firms.