Who We Hire
We're always looking for talented, driven people to enhance our team and help us deliver on our promise: reinventing pharmacy for better health. We offer a world of promising opportunities across a diverse range of career areas—all of which will engage and empower you to realize your passion, achieve greatness and experience the rewards of making a positive impact in our patients’ lives.
Senior Manager, Pharmacy Operations
The CVS® team consists of more than 140,000 dedicated people working in our stores, regional offices, distribution centers, and headquarters in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. The first CVS store opened under the name "Consumer Value Store." Since then, we have become more popularly known as CVS, but our focus on providing value to our customers has remained our hallmark.
We need a motivated and qualified individual to join the Pharmacy Operations Innovation Team who will lead the development and implementation of one of the most significant retail initiatives slotted for rollout in 2014 – mySchedule. mySchedule is a revolutionary colleague management and scheduling system that is expected to improve customer service, grow profitability, and increase productivity across our network of over 7,500 retail pharmacies. The manager will be accountable to ensure the project is delivered on time – overseeing a pilot test, continued development and innovation of the system, development of on-going corporate processes, change management, and Field and Store support tools. Following rollout, the Manager will be responsible for the continued innovation and management of the mySchedule tool.
The Manager will need to possess excellent communication skills – both written and oral – to be able to develop and deliver project updates to a wide variety of audiences, including: Senior Executives, Senior Field Leadership, Store level employees, and peer groups. In addition to the mySchedule rollout, the Manager will be responsible for overseeing the continued innovation and management of the Retail Pharmacy labor model – ensuring that our pharmacy teams have the right allocation of Pharmacist and Technician time to successfully accomplish all of the work that occurs in our pharmacies.
This position will afford the right candidate an opportunity to grow their skills in the areas of: strategic planning, data analysis, project management, solution development, and presentation and interpersonal communication skills in a multi-disciplined environment. Demonstrating a consistent track record of delivering results could lead to opportunities for career advancement opportunities within any of CVS Caremark’s dynamic and growing business units.
• Identify and track the value of service and productivity improvements
• Conduct and coordinate in-store observations, data analysis and stakeholder interviews to gather useful insights
• Identify potential risks and barriers and create mitigation plans; comprehend legal and regulatory requirements
• Design, execute and measure results of pilot programs
• Coordinate cross-functional workgroups to support the timely realization of enhancements and innovations
• Prepare written communications and documentation to influence stakeholders and support project launch
• Monitor program performance post-launch to ensure the program achieves pre-defined outcomes and targets
• Understanding of CVS Field and Store culture and Communications
• Experience developing and implementing process improvements and/or innovation
• Demonstrated ability to collect relevant data, structure data models, execute and interpret quantitative analysis
• Experience developing and communicating strategic and tactical recommendations
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, adjusting priorities as needed and meeting deadlines
• Ability to produce results by working within established timeframes, deadlines, and understanding potential barriers and next steps
• Flexibility for periodic travel, nights and weekends to visit stores throughout the company for operational input
• Three to five years experience program design/management
• Relocation to Store Support Center, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
• Experience in Operations
• Experience developing and executing change management programs
• Advanced degree a plus (MBA, MS, PhD, MHA)
Bachelors Degree Required
Clinical Licensure Required
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
Customer Support - Retail SupportCVS offers a competitive benefit package including:
Stock Option Award Program (select employees)
CVS Future Fund - 401(K) & ESOP
Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
Comprehensive pre-tax medical insurance
Short- and Long- term disability insurance
Medical and personal leave
Domestic partner benefits
Life Insurance-Company-paid program
Vision discount plan
Business travel insurance
Auto and Home insurance discount plans
Professional liability insurance (Pharmacists)
Dependent care reimbursement account
Performance-based incentive plan
Paid vacations and holidays