ATS - Area Business Manager
Area Business Manager
ATS grew out of the need for American business to remain competitive in a rapidly changing global economy. From our roots as a spinoff enterprise from Caterpillar, ATS has grown into a leading supplier of outsourced factory maintenance, industrial component repair and IT services for top Fortune 500 companies. ATS has improved the performance for the worlds most sophisticated companies and we owe our nearly 20 years of success to our employees. Your time and your knowledge are important, make the most of both. At ATS, we’ve continually empowered our employees to develop their skills and advance in their careers. It’s our philosophy, along with our uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction that has made ATS a success and a great place to work.
Advanced Technology Services (ATS) grew out of the need for American business to remain competitive in a rapidly changing global economy. ATS has grown into a leading supplier of outsourced factory maintenance, industrial component repair and IT services for top Fortune 500 companies. ATS has improved the performance for the world's most sophisticated companies, and we owe our success to our employees. Your time and your knowledge are important - make the most of both. At ATS, we've continually empowered our employees to develop their skills and advance in their careers. It's our philosophy, along with our uncompromising commitment to customer satisfaction that has made ATS a success and a great place to work.
ATS has an immediate opening for an Area Business Manager (ABM).
The ABM provides broad leadership for ATS business within a collective customer or geographic based area. Guides Site Managers in leading their teams to deliver high quality service results at customer sites. Supports continued development of Site Manager ability. Manages financial commitments by controlling cost and increasing revenue and promotes business growth.
- Builds strong relationships with customers founded on frequent two-way communication regarding customer expectation and ongoing commitment to ATS’ value proposition.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by understanding the unique needs of each customer, facilitating solution development and following up on progress, and assists Site Managers in taking immediate corrective action when necessary.
- Reviews operational and financial performance metrics with customers to measure, illustrate and communicate ATS’ value.
- Drives continuous improvement and use of Six Sigma to achieve cost savings
- Promotes customer loyalty, audits net promoter process
- Audits service level KPIs and urgently responds to escalation issues
- Develops organizational support and growth strategies for area
- Provides strategic direction and tactical oversight for area business
- Works with Site Managers and customers to find ways to expand ATS business within existing sites.
- Renews existing customer contracts and approaches customers with additional opportunities for cost savings, six sigma improvements and new ways to leverage the ATS relationship.
- Has overall responsibility for new customer integration/startup activities/results
Financial Acumen & Continuous Improvement
- Delivers excellent financial performance in the areas of managing growth, revenue, and cost. Takes corrective action early on to avoid financial misses; understands what levers to pull to achieve desired financial results while maintaining service quality.
- Drives a continuous improvement methodology and promotes cost savings throughout the area.
- Maintains and reports area metrics on safety, customer loyalty, employee engagement and retention, etc, and takes corresponding actions to make improvements and achieve operational excellence.
- Takes an enterprise-wide view of ATS, working collaboratively across functions and geographic areas, putting the needs of the whole organization before the needs of its parts.
- Drives a culture of safety and works with sites toward achieving their safety objectives. Fosters preventive measures, education and auditing to create an environment for zero incidents.
- Builds a culture of engaged, high performing employees by setting clear expectations, providing opportunities for growth and development, and giving ongoing performance feedback.
- Key resource for Site Managers by sharing organizational information, providing guidance and support in resolving business problems.
- Provides leadership for employees at all levels within assigned business area
- Promotes timely and effective communication through all levels of the organization
- Recognizes employees for their contributions to the organization and encourages promotion from within ATS.
- Uses succession planning to create bench strength for mission critical positions.
- Responsible for development, coaching, and performance management of Site Managers within area.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management or similar class from a four-year college or university strongly preferred; Masters of Business Administration a strong plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing managers across multiple locations, or experience managing ATS service, required.
- Minimum of 5 years of business/operational management experience or equivalent required, preferably in an industrial/manufacturing services industry.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and effective interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer focus with the ability to develop and sustain positive business relationships.
- Previous experience with continuous improvement methodologies, such as Lean Manufacturing, TPM, and Six Sigma preferred.
- Will be required to travel approximately 50-75% of the time.
- Geographic mobility desired
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands, speak, and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, reach with arms, and use close vision. The employee is frequently required to operate an automobile and to use a telephone, a keyboard and computer, and other office equipment. Work may be performed in a moderately noisy business office.
Apply Now >>
Report this job
Not Ready To Apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.