Kelly Engineering Resources is looking for an electrical engineer for a permanent position located in Northeast Philadelphia.
This position requires a thorough knowledge of electrical engineering concepts and techniques, CAD and graphics skills. Working as part of an engineering team you will be responsible for integration of electrical and associated control systems and components for continuous duty and standby power generation systems inclusive of engines, generators, controls, switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, surge suppression, and grounding systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree: Electrical Engineering
• Strong verbal, written, computer and technical communication and presentation skills
• Work independently, take initiative and complete challenging assignments
• Proven ability to work as a team member and collaborate with others
• Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
• Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Ability to travel and remain overnight as required
• A minimum of five (5) years experience with:
Ø Electrical equipment and components system design, CAD, programming, operations and/or commissioning with engines, generators, turbines, pumps, boilers, gases, piping, power generation systems, switchgear, motor control centers, transformers, surge suppression, etc.
Ø Strong organizational and project management capabilities
Ø Direct involvement with moving mechanical systems and energized electrical circuits
Ø Ability to produce and understand single lines, P&ID, process schematics, and flow charts.
Ø Strong industrial power background
Ø Utility interconnection requirements
Ø Advanced proficiency with MS Office, networks, operating systems and Internet communications.
Ø Knowledge of and familiarity with industrial computer systems, PLC’s and DCS’s.
Ø Experience with GE Fanuc, Allen Bradley, Rockwell, and Siemens platforms is preferred.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Work independently and as part of a team to evaluate, select, and adapt engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to evolving and diverse project requirements
• Understand and execute principles of electrical engineering and power plant design concepts and processes in order to evaluate, establish, and execute technical requirements for continuous duty and standby power systems.
• Perform system calculations and studies for electric power systems inclusive of load flows, voltage drop, motor starting, short circuit, arc flash, and protective relay coordination.
• Review and development of project electrical installation drawings for compliance with project requirements and to meet all required safety, code, and functional requirements for equipment, components, and controls to be provided. This will include single and three line drawings, electrical equipment location drawings, conduit plans, conduit fill requirements, plan drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams of project as well as vendor submittal drawings.
• Remain informed of industry developments, electrical codes, standards, accepted engineering practices affecting the services to be performed. Ensure compliance with company, industry, regulatory and testing safety standards and protocols
• Assist customers, engineers, and contractors with integration of electrical equipment, components, and controls through stages of project development, installation, field start-up, training, and on-going customer support
• Devise new approaches to problems and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations, charts, and graphs to overcome challenges and meet project specific requirements
• Develop project specific functional requirements and technical specifications to integrate electrical equipment, components and controls into complete power generation solutions
• Solicit and evaluate electrical equipment, component, and control proposals.
• Develop electrical equipment and component schedules, bill of material(s), schematics, and calibration setting lists.
• Participate in and assist with Factory Acceptance and Field Testing of electrical equipment, components, and controls.
• Develop Operations and Maintenance manuals and supervise documentation creation for standard systems as well as project specific requirements.
• Perform and provide technical support to assist and participate in maintenance, diagnostic evaluation, and problem resolution of electrical systems
Keywords: Electrical engineer, PLC, Allen Bradley, CAD, Industrial Power
About Kelly Services®
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions. Kelly® offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis. Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provides employment to more than 560,000 employees annually. Revenue in 2012 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and download The Talent Project, a free iPad® app by Kelly Services.
Since employing its first engineer in 1965, the Kelly engineering specialty has grown to be recognized as a leading provider of engineering resources to customers in such industries as automotive, chemical, defense, electronics, energy, medical device and pharmaceutical.
Want more information? Visit kellyservices.com/engineering
iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.