Layne is a global water management, construction and drilling company, providing responsible solutions for water, mineral and energy resources.
Layne operates in more than 100 integrated offices worldwide. Our philosophy of responsible growth guides us in consistently doing the right thing for our people, the environment, our company and the clients we serve every day. We strive to leave the individuals and places we touch better off for their interaction with us, and our culture is embodied in our unwavering commitment to the four core values that define us: Safety, Sustainability, Integrity and Excellence.
Layne Christensen’s Water Resources Division provides a full line of water-related services and products including hydrological studies, site selection, well design, drilling and well development, pump installation, and repair and maintenance. The division’s offerings include the design and construction of water treatment facilities and the manufacture and sale of products to treat volatile organics and other contaminants such as nitrates, iron, manganese, arsenic, radium and radon in groundwater.
• Manage and coordinate all aspects of project execution and maintains primary interface with clients
• Manage contract negotiation, execution of design, fabrication and assembly
• Responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly forecasts for project % of completion
• Prepares and submits pay applications and/or coordinates invoices to customers
• Negotiate and issue sub-contract and vendor contracts and purchase orders
• Manage project cost and schedule to estimate, contract and customer requirements
• Identifies and communicates contract requirements to all supporting departments
• Coordinates all activities among departments supporting assigned projects
• Generate and negotiate changes of scope with customer, and communicate with peers
• Oversee shop fabrication and assembly operations to meet project and schedule requirements
• Manage final contract obligations including start-up, installation and final acceptance
• Estimating project costs, specification compliance and generation, proposal preparation, and implementation of database and supporting software and hardware
• Build contractor and vendor relationships for standards, quantity and blanket discounts, agreements and terms and conditions
• Provide technical assistance, presentations, and seminars for engineers, customers – both internal and external
• Travel as required to jobsites, customer and engineering locations, and Layne offices and support locations as required
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS/PREFERENCES
• Mechanical or civil engineering degree, or other equivalent adequate experience
• 5-7 years Project Management experience in water and/or wastewater or related industry
• Experience and proven capabilities in project execution, contract negotiation and management, scheduling and cost accountability, vendor and sub-contractor implementation, buying, and coordination of projects from start to finish
• Manufacturing and assembly experience for products and technology associated with the water and wastewater market
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including word, excel, power point, and project management software applications, accounting software as well as e-mail and office equipment
• Ability to present a professional and technical attitude, communicate efficiently while working with multi-disciplines and personnel
• Capable of understanding P&L statements, and able to create worksheets and job costing information
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent computer skills
How to Apply
As we have grown over the last 130 years, so has the diversity of our company and our offering. With each new stage of growth came new people, new processes and new thoughts that influenced our company and help make us who we are today - a unified team.
In defining a path forward for Layne, one word kept emerging over and over – solutions. We invent solutions. We propose solutions. We deliver solutions. For a company known previously as a “service provider” this is an important distinction.
Our expertise has brought us to a point where we are valued for our unique ability to collaborate across divisional, functional and geographic lines to provide our clients an integrated approach, ensuring streamlined communications, expedited timelines, a constant focus on safety and sustainability. Our solutions give clients a single point of accountability for even the most complex projects, and enable us to deliver high levels of both quality and economic efficiency. While our services are impeccable, it is our solutions that make us truly remarkable.