Electrical High Voltage Transmission Line - Supervising Discipline Engineer IV
Interest Category: Engineering
Interest Sub Category: Engineering - Electrical
Type of Position: Regular Hire
We believe that success is ultimately determined by what you help your customers achieve. A company should be measured by what it accomplishes, not by what it promises. Creating an environment that encourages talented individuals to collaborate and solve complex problems attracts the best people. The more you can explore the diversity and potential of your people, capabilities and geographies, the more solutions you’re equipped to provide. We believe that every opportunity comes with a collective responsibility to perform. Being profitable should be a result of doing what you do safely, ethically and better than anyone else. And we believe that the potential for growth is limitless. It’s why we come to work. We are URS Energy & Construction.
Power — Around the world, we have helped clients in the nuclear, fossil fuel, and other power-production markets produce and deliver nearly 250,000 megawatts of electricity—more than any other contractor. We continue to support Power Delivery operations with consulting services, alliance programs, and award-winning system additions & upgrades.
URS Corporation is seeking an Electrical High Voltage Transmission Line - Supervising Discipline Engineer IV to support our continued growth in performing Power Delivery projects in the West. This position will be based in our Denver, CO location.
• Assisting the Business Development department in proposal preparation.
• Under minimal direction, supervises and completes engineering assignments of advanced complexity.
• Complies with state law and utility requirements related to practice of engineering.
• Overall technical performance and quality of engineering and design on all assigned projects in his/her area of responsibility.
• Comprehensive understanding of electrical discipline and interfaces with other disciplines.
• Provides technical guidance to engineers, designers, and specialists.
• Fully versed with the preparation and execution of project scope within electrical discipline.
• Fully versed with and can check and review the work sequence, general content, and the methods used to generate specifications for the purchase of material, equipment, systems, services, or construction within electrical discipline.
• Fully versed with the process of identifying, preparing and checking of calculations as well as the approval, revision, retention, and storage of calculations within electrical discipline.
• Fully versed in the review, checking, of electrical construction drawings.
• Fully versed in the collection and/or evaluation of data and information regarding technical and economic factors including physical, chemical, environmental, maintenance, operational, regulatory, constructability, and/or schedule factors relating to a specific subject within a discipline.
• Understands the external factors that impact specific engineering problems.
• Fully understands the use of requisitions and the role of materials management.
• Fully understands and reviews interdisciplinary vendor documents.
• Assists with the development of manpower, man-hour, and engineering cost requirements for a project and can monitor it to aid in evaluating the budget.
• Leads estimating tasks and performs material take-offs for electrical discipline.
• Fully understands and assists with the planning and scheduling of engineering tasks for electrical discipline.
• Fully versed in the project change control process and can identify potential changes.
• Has an advanced level of knowledge of discipline's equipment and material lists, and has the ability to instruct others in understanding their use and requirements.
• Maintains positive working relationships with peer leaders.
• Builds productive relationships with organizations in and external to Engineering.
• Encourages professional advancement and knowledge through participation in industry engineering societies, committees and conferences, and in industry sales presentations.
• Establishes and maintains an environment conducive to attracting capable personnel and achieving high productivity.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering from a 4-year accredited college or university.
• Must have 10+ years of experience in electrical engineering/design of high voltage transmission lines.
• This must include 3+ years experience in managing/supervising medium to large transmission line design team.
• Must have experience with PLS-CADD software, transmission line protection, utility metering and communications systems, NERC.
• Must be familiar with the National Electrical Code and National Electric Safety Code.
• Due to the nature of work, candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident of the United States.
• Professional Engineer License(PE).
• MS in Electrical Engineering with focus in Power Systems.
• EHV Design Experience.
• Field experience on substation, power , or T&D projects.
• Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test.
• Relocation benefits are available for this position.
URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public and private sector clients worldwide. Our work is focused in four key market sectors: federal, infrastructure, power, and industrial and commercial. Within each of these markets, our comprehensive skills and expertise are a valued resource to clients around the world.
The broad range of markets we serve and the wide spectrum of services we provide offer career opportunities that are virtually unmatched in the industry. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting out, at URS, you can work on some of the largest and most challenging projects in the world.
As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of talented professionals—many of whom are at the top of their fields—on projects that impact our world for the better. We are a company where people of every background thrive and contribute, and we are committed to fostering an intellectually stimulating environment that leads to exceptional professional development and career advancement.
At URS, there are no barriers to where your talent can lead you. We invite you to join us and do the best work of your life.