Sears Holdings Management Corporation
Hoffman Estates, IL 60179
Senior Java/J2EE Engineer
Save This Job
Save this job
Email This Job
Email this job
Print This Job
Senior Java/J2EE Engineer
We are seeking world-class talent looking to build a career with one of the world’s largest integrated retailer and home of SHOP YOUR WAY, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats, operating more than 2,600 store locations in the U.S and Canada. Specifically, your role in the Sears eCommerce team will place you at the center of one of the top 100 retail websites that is experiencing an exciting growth trajectory.
Sears eCommerce is growing by leaps and bounds this year and our Online Business Unit is looking for an ambitious, up-and-coming Senior Engineer with a passion for technology and insightful analysis. The successful candidate will work in the development and design of web components and services to introduce new capabilities and services for our online customers on a highly scalable eCommerce platform. As a valued member of our team you will also be contributing to both end-user and store point-of-sale mobile deliverables. You will have the chance to work in a fun environment on unique and innovative solutions on a multi-tiered open source platform.
Our online channel is a key focus area for the company and is growing at an aggressive rate, creating an exciting workplace and environment where you can utilize your skills and potential. If you love technology and want to work in a place where you can practice the art of good software design, this is a great opportunity to explore.
The software developer is responsible for helping design, development, and testing for a variety of eCommerce initiatives. The developer will work within a fast-moving environment that embraces an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Design & development of eCommerce solutions using Java 1.5 and above, XML, SOAP, AJAX, Spring, Struts, Hibernate and other web technologies
• Develops clean, thoroughly tested, and well-documented software on time and within budget.
• Will work with the team to quickly and efficiently resolve any issues identified with existing/release products.
• Actively participates in Agile or other lean methodologies.
• Willing to learn new products, businesses and technologies
• Mentor and lead junior level engineers
• A great team player
• 5 or more years experience (or expert level in) Java server-side development, including OOA&D, Java frameworks, design patterns
• Working knowledge of REST Web Services frameworks
•Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Equivalent
•Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Websphere Commerce Server (WCS)
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Adoption Assistance
- Kmart Advantage Rx
- ConSern Loans for Education
- Worklife Solutions
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
- National Holidays
About Sears Holdings Management Corporation
Sears Holdings Management Corporation provides corporate services to Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) and its family of companies, including Sears Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation.
About Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation is the nation's fourth largest broadline retailer with over 4,000 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, consumer electronics and automotive repair and maintenance. Sears Holdings is the 2011 ENERGY STAR® Retail Partner of the Year. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, and a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as the Apostrophe and Covington brands. It also has the Country Living collection, which is offered by Sears and Kmart. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 11 million service calls made annually. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation. For more information, visit Sears Holdings' website at www.searsholdings.com.