Help us lead the next revolution in health care.
Clinical Careers at UnitedHealth Group. The days when people only connected with health care when they were sick are over. Today, we’re leading the health care revolution with a growing array of proactive, holistic tools and resources to encourage total well-being for millions of our customers. our integration model and network of over 80,000 providers allows us to affect meaningful change on a huge scale, and positions us well ahead of our competitors. We’re going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. We’re inventing the future of health care. Join us. Change your life by doing your life’s best work.SM
Senior Field Care Advocate, Master's Level Clinician, Milwaukee, MI
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond counseling services and verified referrals to behavioral health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
The overall purpose of the Field Care Advocate (FCA) role is to help individuals live their lives to the fullest by promoting recovery and resiliency via coordination and collaboration with multiple internal and external partners including consumers and their families/caregivers, medical, behavioral health and clinical network teams.
Field Care Advocates work with complex and high-risk needs with a goal of engaging the consumer in the treatment process, decreasing their reliance on higher levels of care, helping them to access appropriate community services, and assisting them in improving community tenure. FCAs work to increase stabilization and help consumers to improve life satisfaction.
- Utilize advanced clinical skills to engage and motivate Consumers via a recovery, health and wellness-oriented approach.
- Assist consumers and their families/caregivers with connections to appropriate psychiatric, medical, and psychosocial referrals and services.
- Identify and remove barriers to procurement, delivery, participation in and success of services.
- Provide supportive follow-up, monitoring and education as indicated.
Meet with consumers in-person at facilities, provider offices, and in homes as appropriate for market.
- Serve as OBHS liaison and subject matter expert for applicable UnitedHealth Care Medical Partners; establish and foster positive relationships with medical team, participate in medical-behavioral integration activities and discussions.
- Identify high-risk, co-morbid needs of consumers.
- Accept referrals via designated processes, collaborate in evaluating available services, and coordinate necessary psychiatric and community referrals as needed.
- Contribute to treatment plan discussions; routinely attend clinical rounds and other meetings with medical partner or external entities when applicable.
- Partner with internal Optum Behavioral Health Services Teams to coordinate a seamless transition for consumers from an inpatient setting to community based services.
- Coalesce FCA role and relationships within context of established Care Advocacy Operating Model and customer/contractual requirements; collaborate early and frequently with other teams in the management of cases stratified as having intensive, complex, and high-risk needs.
- Participate jointly in rounds, discussions, supervision and staffings.
- Assist in the development of a relevant and consumer-specific aftercare plan.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and documentation standards in appropriate systems, tracking mechanisms and databases.
- For specific markets, conduct focused facility-based or outpatient clinical utilization review activities.
- Establish a cooperative relationship with Optum Behavioral Network Services and the Provider community in order to improve access to services and ensure that consumers are served within proper standards of care.
- Identify new programs, services and gaps in market; share information with network teams.
- Maintain knowledge of provider availability and barriers to access.
- Collaborate with providers to determine acuity of mental health concerns, barriers and progress; coordinate appropriate services.
- Conduct provider networking visits or attend consumer care conferences as determined by market.
- Attend state, professional and association and conference call meetings as needed.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Licensed Master's degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, or Licensed Ph.D., or an RN with 2 or more years of experience in behavioral health
- Licenses must be active and unrestricted
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a related mental health environment working in the local community
- Demonstrated ability to use a PC in a Windows environment, including email and Microsoft Office applications
- Current, unrestricted driver's license and access to reliable transportation
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
Strong team player and team building skills
- Able to function independently and responsibly with minimal supervision
- Maintain direct and open communication with all levels of the organization
- Able to handle sensitive issues with peer, members and providers in a confidential manner
- Demonstrate initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills â€” specifically telephone skills
- Medical/Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical/behavioral outpatient practice)
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with the aged, blind or disabled
- Clinical training experience
- Managed care and utilization management experience a plus
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
Keywords: masters, clinical, Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or Marriage or Family Counseling, Licensed, RN, behavioral health, mental health
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Job Category: Nurse
Job Reference Code: UHG-542694
Position Type: Full-Time