Analyst - Global NOC Systems
Why choose American Tower?
It’s where you want to be. Today’s American Tower is a dynamic, performance-driven organization full of new opportunities and the highest standards of excellence. Our culture is based on integrity, accountability, hard work, collaboration and social responsibility. We offer careers in a variety of fields where talented people can develop and grow professionally.
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless communications sites. We provide the infrastructure that allows your cellular phones and other mobile devices to work, anytime and anywhere. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, we have offices throughout the United States and in nine other countries in Latin America, Asia and Africa.
No matter where you join us, you'll find a diverse team of global employees focused on our shared success. You will also receive a generous mix of health, financial and lifestyle benefits as well as learning and development opportunities.
American Tower – where you want to be.
The Global NOC Systems Analyst assists in providing quality support to IT and business users, employing customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness. The Analyst will be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving production problems, gathering business requirements and ensuring that production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades. The incumbent provides assistance for defined problems and requests, escalating trouble tickets as necessary. The incumbent will participate in software testing and system administration as necessary. The incumbent must adhere to established standards in resolving problems and completing requests. Many activities the Analyst works on are project-related and the incumbent may be responsible for managing small projects.
- Identify and help resolve technical and end-user problems to ensure user productivity in a customer service-oriented, team environment.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of policy and procedure documentation for software and hardware asset monitor systems.
- Document system functions and cross functional processes for the IT group as well as selected items for internal business customers.
- Collect, document and analyze business requirements and functional specifications for cross-functional projects to provide best solution.
- Identify operational inefficiencies, conflicting business practices and integration issues, suggesting alternative solutions.
- Integrate project activities with Quality Assurance and Software Development teams to ensure successful implementation and support of projects.
- Create or assist with the creation and execution of test scripts to ensure that production issues are minimal after implementation of new enhancements, changes or upgrades.
- Create and maintain user accounts and permissions following established corporate policies.
- Asset in the creation of reports for ticketing and monitoring systems.
- Participate in system testing and logging of identified bugs into established tracking software.
- Research, resolve and respond to questions received via phone and email in a timely manner, in accordance with standards.
- Escalate problems to appropriate IT staff members based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Track calls and enter solution data into corporate ticketing system.
- Acquire knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies through peer interactions.
- Assist in special product-related issues such as hardware upgrades and software installs.
- Communicates frequently with end users, IT operations staff, and vendors.
- Works on performance problems, upgrades, design reviews, and application setup/implementation.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: QUALIFICATIONS:
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to use customer service standards and follow guidelines
- Ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively.
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to be involved in multiple projects through all life-cycle phases, ensuring they are in accordance with established direction and standards.
- Experience in:
- Windows 2000, Windows XP, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Exchange, Internet
- Linux, MS Sql
- Network: TCP/IP,APN, VPN, SNMP
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience strongly preferred
- Minimum five years professional experience in system analysis, application design, implementation, and support.
- Experience in tower industry, operations, leasing or real estate preferred
Enviroment 100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions. Less than 5% travel may be required support of the position’s responsibilities associated with attending training, seminars or special requirements.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
Additional We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry. Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above. The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job. American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower (NYSE: AMT) is a leading independent owner and operator of wireless and broadcast communication sites. Our global portfolio includes approximately 50,000 owned or managed sites and is experiencing steady growth. In addition to leasing space on towers, we provide customized collocation solutions through our Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) that support seamless in-building and outdoor wireless coverage.
Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, American Tower has local offices across the United States and in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ghana, India, Mexico, Peru, South Africa, Uganda and the United Kingdom.