Academic - Pediatric Hematology Oncology Opportunity in Greenville, NC (Relocate to Greenville, NC)
The Department of Pediatrics at the Brody School of Medicine (BSOM) at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC is seeking a full-time BC Pediatric Hematology Oncology physician to join the division.
- 76 Pediatric faculty members across 17 subspecialties
- New Children’s Hospital which opened in June 2013 includes unit for immunocompromised patients and will be capable of supporting a Bone Marrow Transplant Program
- Current Children’s Hospital has 197 beds and bassinets, with 50 in the NICU, 12 PICU, 32 in general care and 8 in rehabilitation.
- Peds Emergency Department (ED) opened in 2012
- Pediatric Operating Suite with pre and post anesthesia and short stay beds
- Call is 1:4
- New Clinic Building is in planning stage
Vidant Medical Center is a fully accredited JCAHO hospital and is a 909-bed tertiary referral center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties.
Located in the heart of Eastern NC, Greenville (pop. 85,000) is an ideal, family-oriented community that caters to outdoor enthusiasts and sportsmen. Greenville is 45 miles from I-95 and just over an hour from Raleigh, the Outer Banks, Oriental (the sailing capital of NC) and the Atlantic Ocean.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Dynamic college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU’s nationally recognized arts, theater and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing and excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I Conference USA-football, basketball and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront-a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheatre
- Several challenging private and public golf courses
The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center. Vidant Medical Center is the flagship hospital for Vidant Health and serves as the teaching hospital for the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
Welcome to Vidant Health. We are a regional health system serving 29 counties in eastern North Carolina, and we’re working every day to improve the health of the 1.4 million people we serve.
Vidant Medical Center is affiliated with the Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University.
As a major resource for health services and education, Vidant Health strives to support local medical communities and to work with providers throughout the region to deliver quality care. Our goal is to enhance services that are available locally and to eliminate barriers involving time, distance and lack of awareness that sometimes prevent patients from receiving the care they need.