RN, Telephonic Case Manager
It's the new age of independence. And it's changing the way we live.
BE PART OF IT.
UNIVITA is dedicated to helping people live and age with independence. By providing a single place to find and manage resources which support independent living, UNIVITA makes it easier to access care and to age safely at home.
This is your opportunity to join an innovative company with a culture that promotes compassion, trust and accountability.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY In this position, you will assess, plan, implement and evaluate the patients care plan in collaboration with the patient and/or family and their health care providers. You will also provide education, support and resources to coordinate medical services and equipment.
Are you ready to use all the experience, skills, and wisdom that you have learned in your nursing career without the physical strain? Are you able to share your knowledge and expertise in a motivating way with patients over the phone to teach them what is needed to better their health? Then you have found the right opportunity for you! We have an opening on our telephonic Case Management team, with big hearts for our patients who love our calls. If you are ready and willing, we are ready and willing to train you to be a Telephonic Case Manager.
- Work with endearing elderly population and their families and caregivers who appreciate and look forward to calls from nurse case managers.
- Make a big impact in an elder's life
- Work in a friendly, casual workplace, with work from home opportunities available
- Business hours with no weekend, holidays, or on-call expectations
- Opportunities to form relationships with elderly beneficiaries and their families
- Position never requires making determination of benefit decisions
- Team atmosphere with professional and specialties of various backgrounds and expertise to assist and support your clients
- Assess, plan, implement and evaluate the beneficiary care plan in collaboration with the beneficiary and/or family, the beneficiary's PCP and other health care professionals as applicable for each beneficiary admitted into the care coordination program.
- Revise and update care plans each time there is a change in the needs of the beneficiary.
- Determine initial stratification of the beneficiary into the level of care indicated based on the care plan and update this with the changing needs of the beneficiary.
- Coordinate medical services, durable medical equipment, medical supplies and community resources for beneficiaries.
- Provide resources and educate the beneficiary/family members/responsible party regarding pertinent diseases and conditions.
- Complete health assessments for each beneficiary admitted into case and disease management.
- Document all pertinent medical information in the medical management system.
- Current, valid and unrestricted RN license in the State of Minnesota
- Associates degree or higher in nursing
- 4+ years clinical work experience preferably with older adult population in a community setting or long-term care facility
- 1+ years telephonic case management experience required
- 1+ years experience in care coordination, care management, or disease management preferred
- Case Management certificate preferred
- Geriatric Nurse Certificate preferred
- Proficient with Windows including MS Word and Outlook
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to independently manage a caseload of beneficiaries with minimal management supervision
Univita offers a competitive and complete benefits package.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US visit univitahealth.com (EOE/AAE m/f/d/v)
Key Words: RN, Registered Nurse, Nursing, Care Management, Case Management, Geriatric Care, Healthcare, Health Care, Twin Cities, Long Term Care
Univita provides home-based care management through specialized support and in-home interventions to people with complex needs. Univita’s comprehensive approach to delivering, integrating and managing home care services, promotes patient independence, improves accountability and lowers health care costs. Univita works with current and emerging population risk managers such as health plans, integrated health systems and physician groups, serving commercially insured working age, Medicare and Medicaid populations. To learn more, visit www.univitahealth.com.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT US visit univitahealth.com
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Employee Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Health Services
Manages Others: Not Specified
Job Type: Nurse
Required Education: Not Specified
Required Experience: Not Specified
Contact: Not Available
What makes our team different?
We stand together across roles and responsibilities.
We work with a common set of values, grounded in innovation, accountability, compassion and trust.
We believe every employee has an important role to play in pursuing our mission and moving it forward.
We’re all about new points of view.
If you’re constantly looking for ways to do things differently and make things better, we think a lot alike. We’re looking for big thinkers.
We’re big and we’re small.
While we have over 1,300 employees nationwide, our culture is incredibly close-knit. When we work together, we’re better problem solvers and better partners to our customers, too.