Vice President of Logistics
Our preferred client was founded in 1915. They are a 3.7 billion dollar, privately owned, wholesale grocer and member owned cooperative. They serve over 3,000 retailers; both members and non-members. They are one of the top ranked cooperatives in the United States. They have locations in CA, WA and OR. They employ approximately 2,600 employees; both union and non-union.
We have been retained to search for talent to fill the role of Vice President of Logistics. The position will be located in the greater Los Angeles area of CA. The company will provide a full relocation package.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Develops company-wide plant warehouse programs to ensure warehouses and equipment are well maintained. Oversees each warehouse’s adherence to standards and may direct changes in work routines, maintenance and/or inspection schedules.
- Provides engineering analysis for the repair or replacement of buildings, facilities, equipment, machinery and racking.
- Optimizes facility layouts and locations
- Develops warehouse strategy in aging infrastructure and limited capacity.
Oversees company-wide plant and fleet maintenance programs at each facility. Responsible for the maintenance, repair and improvement of Unified Grocers’ facilities. Provides oversight for the overall maintenance of the buildings, plumbing and electrical systems, and equipment.
- Develops company-wide plant maintenance strategies to assure facilities and equipment are well maintained.
- Measures and Optimizes maintenance equipment ROI.
Works with transportation and warehouse management from all locations, manages the identification, development and implementation of company-wide Transportation programs to improve operating results and maintain DOT compliance. Ensures that each location operates in a consistent and efficient manner while employing the best transportation practices. Oversees, through subordinate directors, the day-to-day activities of Transportation Scheduling and each facility’s traffic managers.
- Monitors Company compliance to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations. Establishes and maintains centralized record keeping requirements and assures that DOT, State, and Local reports are submitted in a timely and correct manner.
- Oversees the updating of company fleet units to meet state regulations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree
- 5+ years of executive experience required
- 10+ years of progressively responsible management experience with a proven track record in warehousing, transportation and maintenance.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience with overseeing multiple distribution centers
- Union experience is highly preferred
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) would be preferred
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the grocery, retail and/or food wholesale industries
- Demonstrated ability to persuade and influence others, resolve problems as they occur, and achieve results by working in partnership with company management.
Advanced presentation skills with experience in making presentations to board members, executive leadership, current members/customers and potential customers.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize the work of others and follow through to assure completion to standards and schedule.
- Drives Organizational Capability: Excellent leadership skills. Proven capability to direct and motivate a fast-paced team. Ability to establish incredibly high standards for themselves and staff and the courage to address lackluster performers. Makes recommendations to effectively resolve problems and issues. Ceaseless campaigner for improvement. Focus on culture-building. Motivated and capable of articulating a vision. Demonstrates empowerment and resource management.
- Burning Desire to get Things Done: Demonstrates a sense of urgency to overcome obstacles
- High Level of Self Confidence: Open to other points of view. Willing to take educated chances. Courage and willingness to advocate unpopular position. Great willingness to share credit with others.
- Superior Interpersonal Skills/Team Orientation: Ability to interact easily with all levels within the organization; tactful; mature; flexible. High level of collaboration and influencing skills, while being reasonable and nice. Strong planning, organization, delegation and decision making abilities.
- Superior Communications Skills: Written, verbal and presentation. Understands importance of frequent and effective communication.
Founded in 1996, TCG began as a manufacturing specialty firm and by 1999, our client portfolio diversification plan was well under way. Today, TCG's footprint has expanded to serve six primary industry sectors, which gives our clients a competitive advantage when relocating trailing spouses.
TCG recognizes the importance of embracing the Global Marketplace and has taken a proactive approach to identifying and utilizing international business services in India, hosting International Business Interns from Germany, traveling to China to effectively manage searches on behalf of our clients and aligning ourselves with over 157 international affiliate offices to deliver comprehensive service in over 36 countries.
The Carlisle Group possesses the unique ability to put our client's needs first, offer choices, define workable processes, and communicate honestly. This philosophy is reflected in every tool, strategy, process, and service we offer to ensure exceptional results!