Colfax Fluid Handling, headquartered in Monroe, NC, is searching for a Payroll Manager to oversee the US and Canada payrolls. Colfax believes investing in our team is an investment in our future. With that in mind, we are looking for a talented dynamic individual who is prepared to grow in knowledge as well as responsibility; who enjoys working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented company; and who has strong leadership and communication skills to be our Payroll Manager. This is a new role which provides an exciting opportunity to utilize organizational skills and creative abilities to support process improvement and streamlining.
Exciting future projects may include becoming a Shared Service Payroll Center, migrating from one platform to another, and expanding the payroll team. This is a huge opportunity for the right Payroll Manager with great project management experience.
About our company:
Colfax Fluid Handling is a world leader in the development, engineering, manufacturing, distribution, service and support of fluid handling systems. With a history dating back to 1860, Colfax Fluid Handling produces well-known global brands such as Allweiler, Imo, Houttuin and Warren, and serves a wide range of industries ranging from oil & gas, commercial marine, defense, and power generation. Colfax Fluid Handling goes beyond the pump in providing outstanding service and solutions to global business.
The Payroll Manager will provide hands-on payroll processing as well as manage day-to-day operations of the payroll team. Other areas of responsibility will include the following:
- Shared responsibility for processing nine US and Canada payrolls for multi-state companies
- State withholding and unemployment account setup
- Verification of accuracy of data supplied to and received from ADP (payroll processing) and Fidelity (401k administration)
- Vendor management
- Establishment of metrics to drive improvement
- Complete reports and other requirements associated with year-end or other reporting needs
- Supervise payroll staff with effective leadership, training, coaching, feedback and support to department
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a finance/accounting emphasis
- Minimum 3 years payroll processing experience
- Must be able to demonstrate detail oriented experience and work in fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word). Experience with ADP Workforce Now, other ADP payroll platforms is a plus.
- Must have experience with setting up multiple state tax withholding and unemployment accounts
- CPP certification and/or experience with stock option exercise transactions is a plus
- The individual should also have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information.
- In depth knowledge of processing multi-jurisdictional taxes, garnishment/levies interpretations and set-up.
- Familiarity with Sarbanes-Oxley Act is an added benefit
- Previous experience with high-volume or union payrolls a plus
- Previous experience with expats and/or acquisitions a plus
If you are interested in becoming part of a winning team whose focus on continuous improvement leads to fast-paced growth, we want to talk to you!
See Job Description
Started in 1995 with a vision to build a world-class manufacturing enterprise, Colfax has grown from a specialty fluid handling company to a multi-platform diversified industrial company serving hundreds of global industries. A big reason for that growth: the foundational principles and leadership governing every aspect of Colfax operations. Read below about our history, our business philosophy, our leadership and our commitment to health, safety and the environment.