Maintenance Engineer - Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center - Full-Time
Looking for a job as a Maintenance Engineer? Well look no further. The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is looking for a maintenance engineer to ensure that the property is maintained in the best possible condition at all times with the least amount of inconvenience to customers and employees.
TheWyndham Pittsburgh University Center is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland. It is several blocks from Carnegie Mellon University as well as several UPMC hospitals. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Nearby attractions include Heinz Field, Consol Energy Center, PNC Park, Kennywood Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, and Point State Park. Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
Make repairs to hotel air conditioning system: change filters, clean coils, replace
• Perform preventive maintenance on all equipment (i.e. boilers, chillers, HVAC- Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, electrical, etc.).
• Take required readings on equipment.
• Test cooling tower and record readings.
• Replace and program televisions as needed.
• Replace light switches, receptacles, light bulbs and fixtures.
• Perform furniture repair.
• Replace and repair pumps.
• Perform plumbing repairs (i.e. clogged drains, copper pipe, change washers, change handles, drain fittings, etc).
• Understand and be able to read blueprints and wiring diagrams.
• Trace and repair all types of water lines.
• Troubleshoot and repair kitchen equipment.
• Maintain repair and preventive maintenance records.
• Perform and maintain work to local, state and Federal codes.
• Test, clean and repair swimming pools and spas.
• Paint designated areas.
• Repair and finish sheet rock.
• Repair all types of wall coverings.
• Repair and program hotel electronic lock system.
Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
Perform other duties as requested by management.
Maintain a warm an friendly demeanor at all times.
Education & Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in hotel or a related field required.
- At least one year of progressive experience in a hotel or related field preferred.
- Trade school and/or college course work in related field helpful.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy Work - Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occassionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excesss of 20 pounds constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
WMH is an EOE. M/F/D/V
Not ready to apply?
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
About Wyndham Worldwide
Wyndham Worldwide is one of the world's largest hospitality companies, providing a wide range of accommodations and services for leisure and business travelers through a global portfolio that includes the world's largest hotel company, the world's largest vacation exchange network, the world's largest marketer of serviced vacation rentals, and the world's leading vacation ownership business.