The Program Manager is primarily responsible for leadership and coordination of other project managers (internal and/or external) within the Project Management Office. Secondarily, assist the PMO Manager with the ongoing establishment and success of the Program Management Office. This includes adhering to policies and procedures necessary to ensure efficient and effective execution of a portfolio of programs and regular delivery of enhancements and smaller projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages enterprise wide and sometimes global projects and programs within the scope of the PMO.
* Facilitates large scale projects and programs with full project life cycle management
* Manages several Project Managers both internal and external to the company
* Serves as Project Manager on medium to large sized projects.
* Mentors/coaches project managers and project coordinators within the PMO
* Presents and is accountable/responsible for the success of projects within the scope of overall program.
* Communicates program/project status to key stakeholders and senior management of overall status against constraints (scope, cost, and schedule)
* Oversees financial aspects of assigned projects/project managers including KPI reporting relative to project progress.
* Applies Organizational Change Management methodologies
* Coordinates interactions between Business Analysis and Platform/Development teams to ensure ongoing visibility to issues and tradeoffs relating to resources and technology
* Participates in project management based initiatives within the community (such as PMI)
* Partners with PMO Manager to ensure the Mission/Vision of the PMO is achieved and infiltrated throughout the organization.
* Participates in strategic planning sessions with both client and management to determine the scope and objectives of each project.
* May supervise Project Management Office personnel.
* Applies knowledge of the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Agile (SCRUM), and Six Sigma (Lean) methodologies and software practices as required.
* Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/MIS/Business Administration required
; MBA preferred.
* PMP or PgMP certification required
* 10 plus years of technical program management utilizing program management methodologies in successively more responsible leadership roles up to or including Project and Program Management required.
* Prior experience leading global, enterprise-wide implementations involving implementation partners preferred. Prior Experience in SAP and Oracle a plus.
* Healthcare industry experience required.
Hudson IT serves as a trusted resource for clients seeking high-quality technology professionals and IT solutions. We seek consultants and direct candidates with diverse skills and industry experience – from Java developers in financial services to Epic consultants in healthcare. From instructional designers to QA experts and everyone in between, we attract the best and the brightest talent in the industry, matching your skills and personality to our clients’ specific requirements. Known for our exceptional service, Hudson IT has been recognized in the top 1% of staffing firms for client and candidate satisfaction three years running. Learn more at
Hudson (www.hudson.com) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We participate in the E-Verify program as allowed under federal and state law and in accordance with our executed Memorandum of Understanding with the Department of Homeland Security.