New York Life Insurance Company, a Fortune 100 company founded in 1845, is one of the largest mutual life insurance companies in the United States and one of the largest life insurers in the world. New York Life has the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major credit rating agencies: A.M. Best (A++), Fitch (AAA), Moody’s Investors Service (Aaa), Standard & Poor’s (AA+).* Headquartered in New York City, New York Life’s family of companies offers life insurance, retirement income, investments and long-term care insurance. New York Life Investments** provides institutional asset management and retirement plan services. Other New York Life affiliates provide an array of securities products and services, as well as retail mutual funds.
*Individual independent rating agency commentary as of 8/1/13.
**New York Life Investments is a service mark used by New York Life Investment Management Holdings LLC and its subsidiary, New York Life Investment Management LLC.
531431 exp. 3/4/16
Report this job
Financial Professional – Financial / Insurance – Entry Level
Entry level or new college graduate opportunities rarely give you a Financial Professional (Agent) opportunity that allow you to manage your own book of business. As a New York Life Insurance Company Financial Professional (Agent), you will not only manage your own book of clients, but provide clients with unparalleled insurance options and outstanding customer service. You will help your clients prepare for their long term financial stability and security.
New York Life is currently seeking self-motivated, driven individuals with a passion for making a positive impact on peoples’ lives. Your collegiate experience as a student, a member of student organizations, a leader or a student athlete have given you the skills you need to launch a career in a company with an unmatched reputation and tremendous resources. Your entrepreneurial spirit and desire for personal growth can take you wherever you want to go, and New York Life can help.
As a Financial Professional (Agent) you will have the freedom of an outside financial services with the business development responsibilities to build your network of insurance clients and business associates who are looking for insurance and financial solutions. Many of our top Agents and leadership started their careers with New York Life, right out of college. Entry Level candidates are encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities of Financial Professional – Financial / Insurance – Entry Level
- Schedule appointments and meet with potential clients
- Make product recommendations to help clients meet their financial goals
- Provide ongoing service and support to existing policyholders
- Be a structured and coachable team player that is open to training development and further education.
- Discipline to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself
New York Life offers you not just another job, but career possibilities!
Requirements for Financial Professional – Financial / Insurance – Entry Level
You do not need sales, business development, marketing or insurance experience to begin your road to success in this role! All you need is passion and a desire to make a difference.
Our comprehensive training program will give you the tools you need to succeed and create the career success you envision
We are looking for people who possess the following background/characteristics:
- 4-year degree
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively with little or no supervision
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships (i.e., “People Person")
- Fearless, positive attitude and willingness to be accountable for results
- Organized, detail-oriented and excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning
- Good communicator—excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner
Here is what distinguishes this opportunity with New York Life:
- Career Advancement - Continue to build your own business or, if qualified, move into management – the choice is up to you. Criteria for management are clearly defined and are quantifiable - there are no “favorites". After two years as a successful agent, additional opportunities that may be available include: sales development manager, product consultant, and Home Office opportunities in recruiting, marketing or training.
- Training - NYLIC University: One of the most comprehensive and well-respected training programs in the industry .
- Constant Support - During and after formal training, you will receive continuous assistance from your manager and peers in your region and across the country to help you succeed. New York Life offers the feeling of being in business for yourself, but not by yourself. On-site trainers and product consultants are available to youand this is coupled with an entire division within the company located in the Home Office dedicated to providing agents with prospecting and sales ideas, product knowledge and application -- we want our new agents to be successful!
- Integrity - “The Company You Keep" - Represent a company you can believe in, be proud of and find a career home with.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Life/Disability from day one
- 401(k) plan after one year of service and Pension Plan
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Reimbursement for industry designations
- Discounts from major wireless carriers
- Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
At New York Life we strive to be the best every day, the same as you. Here are just a few of our recent recognitions:
- Ranks #71 on the Fortune 500 list for 2011.
- Profiles in Diversity Journal - 2011 Diversity Leader Award.
- 2011 National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Top 50 Companies for Executive Women.
- Corporate Equity Index - 2011 Best Places to Work for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Equality.
Take the first step to your future success and becoming a part of “the company you keep!"
New York Life
Boca Raton, FL 33432
Other Great Industries
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.