REGISTERED NURSE II-III-SPC-1-NICU RN
Government - Civil Service
4 Year Degree
At least 1 year(s)
New & Increased Rates; Must Meet Specialty Requirements The Riverside County Regional Medical Center in Moreno Valley is currently recruiting for RNs with experience in NICU - NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT. Minimum ONE YEAR experience is required. *NIGHT SHIFT and has a $5 hr shift differential.* This is the ideal opportunity for Licensed California Registered Nurses to obtain a secure and exciting career with an organization dedicated to the success of their employees.
*439 Licensed Private Beds
*Acute Care Facility
*Adult and Pediatric Level II Trauma Center
*Teaching Facility BENEFITS
*Retirement after 5 years
*Shift Differential Pay - Evenings $2 per hour & Nights $5 per hour
*12 -13 paid Holidays per year
*$635-$735 monthly in Flex Benefits to be used for Medical, Dental and Vision
*Vacation & Sick Leave earned bi-weekly and can be rolled over from year to year & much more!!!!
*We offer 12-hour shifts NEONATAL INTENSIVE CARE UNIT - NICU
Our level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit provides a full range of neonatal care, including jet ventilation, kangaroo care, and retrograde med administration. We have a dedicated neonatologist available 24hrs a day, with physician staff in-house. A 32 bed unit, we provide isolated rooms and overnight room for parents, as well as a mother's pumping room.
Under general supervision to perform professional nursing duties in the care of patients in a hospital, health care clinic, school, home or mental health facility; to assist physicians and carry out their orders; may coordinate a continuum of care for a selected group of patients from pre-admission through post-discharge; and to do other work as required.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
• Within the full scope of the nursing process assesses, plans, organizes, and provides nursing care to assigned patients in accordance with physician instructions; makes preliminary observations of and prepares patients for medical treatment.
• Assists physicians in administering treatments and in performing medical examinations, diagnostic tests and surgical operations.
• As directed, administers prescribed treatment and medications including dispensing as ordered to patients; charts treatment of patients and records and reports significant changes in condition and general progress of patient.
• Counsels and advises patients, families, and significant others regarding special medical problems and/or proper health care methods; prepares and maintains concise and complete records and reports.
• Instructs patients in carrying out physician's orders; may transcribe physician's orders to working records.
• May provide orientation and training to new staff, residents, medical students, ROP and nursing students.
• May participate in quality assurance reviews; may act as a tem leader or relief charge nurse.
• Assigns and monitors the work of subordinate nursing personnel; participates in committee activities.
• May triage patients by reviewing admission charts and merging patients into the patient assignment or clinic flow at the appropriate time and place.
• May testify in court as to the client's mental and physical condition; may recommend initiating conservatorship investigations when assigned to the mental health setting.
• May coordinate and monitor patients through the hospitalization process utilizing physicians, primary care nurses, and third party payors to maintain quality care and fiscal responsibility.
• May review the post hospital care plan with the patient/family. Establishes a contact regarding time frames and responsibilities. Follows plan through a discharge.
RCRMC-Medical Center Salary:
$30.74 - $43.56 Hourly$2,459.20 - $3,484.80 Biweekly$5,328.27 - $7,550.40 Monthly$63,939.20 - $90,604.80 Annually
LEVEL II ($30.74- $38.73)
Experience: Completion of one year of experience as a Registered Nurse working in NICU dept. Experience gained as an Interim Permit Nurse may be credited toward meeting the required experience.
Education: Graduation from a recognized college with diploma or degree as a Registered Nurse.
License/Certificate: Must possess and maintain a current valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California. LEVEL III ($32.89- $43.56)
Experience: Four years of full time experience as a Registered Nurse in an acute care facility, mental health facility or community health agency with references and evaluations to show appropriate skill level.
Education: Graduation from a recognized college with diploma or degree as a Registered Nurse (a Bachelor's degree in nursing may be considered in lieu of one year of experience) OR National Certification in a nursing specialty or a Masters Degree in Nursing, may be considered in lieu of 1 year of experience.
License/Certificate: Must possess and maintain a current valid license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of California.
Knowledge of: Current principles, techniques and procedures used in professional nursing; medical terminology and patient care routine appropriate to clinical setting; medical instruments and equipment; the uses and effects of medicines and narcotics; community resources available to provide patient care and follow-up; Federal, State and local laws and regulations governing professional aspects of nursing; identification of potential discharge needs; payor source documentation requirements and governmental regulations affecting reimbursement.
Ability to: Perform the full range of nursing duties and responsibilities in a patient care setting; plan and organize nursing plans for patients; prepare and maintain concise and complete records and reports; establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, patients, and fellow employees; assist in the instruction of entry level nurses and ancillary personnel; evaluate the medical records of hospital admissions; make recommendations regarding continued stay necessity; identify discharge needs.
HOW TO APPLY
To Apply:The County of Riverside is no longer accepting hard-copy resumes.
Please submit your resume via email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
or use the online resume builder by visiting this link - http://www.rc-hr.net/resumebuilder/resume_submit.asp
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
. For more questions, call Ashley Siegfried at (951) 486-5528
Read this posting for special application instructions. Unless otherwise stated, use our resume builder to submit your resume, or select 'Apply' on this page. For specific questions regarding this position, contact [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] at 951-486-5528.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment physical exam, including a drug/alcohol test, and a criminal background investigation, including fingerprinting. (A felony or misdemeanor conviction may disqualify the applicant from County employment).
Required Probationary Period - As an Approved Local Merit System, the County of Riverside requires all new regular or seasonal employees to serve an initial probationary period, the duration of which is indicated in the applicable Memorandum of Understanding, County Resolution, or Salary Ordinance. Temporary and Per Diem employees serve at the pleasure of the agency/department head.
The County of Riverside is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the County of Riverside to provide equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons, regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, or disability.
Women, ethnic and racial minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other non-job-related factor.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATIONS - Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the ADA Amendments Act, and the Fair Employment & Housing Act, persons with disabilities who believe they need reasonable accommodation, or help in order to apply for a position, may contact the Disability Access Office at (951) 955-5663.
Hearing impaired applicants with telephone teletype equipment may leave messages by calling (951) 955-8688. The County will attempt to meet reasonable accommodation requests whenever possible.