Reports to: Quality Manager
Position Summary: Level II NDT Quality Technician is responsible for ensuring the highest degree of product quality is achieved via current manufacturing processes. Performs, analyzes, and reports all inspection findings for the manufacturing shop.
The role has responsibility for independently conducting non-destructive examinations (NDE- Non-Destructive Examination) for the purpose of assessing the conditions of weldments in pressure vessels, piping, assemblies, and structural steel.
Candidate should be independent and capable of safely delivering the highest possible quality services on-time. Where qualified, the position will support internal training and technique development utilizing automated and computerized inspection systems
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs in-process inspections on piping as well as all types of fabrication, welding and assembly of pressure vessels, piping, structural stell and process/compressor equipment
• Interprets drawings, customer specifications and standards of moderate complexity
• Addresses quality issues related to non-conforming material or components, and obtain timely disposition in order to maintain production flow
• Maintains an attitude conducive to progress through positive change, continuous improvement, and an active contribution to the teamwork concepts
• Minimum 5 years NDT experience ASME Section V, VIII, and IX, B31.3 experience
• Must have one of the following Level II verifiable certifications: phased array, guided wave ultrasonics and/ or Shearwave experience.
Required Skills or Tools:
• Must have prior experience with automated and computerized NDT equipment with phased array and/or guided wave and/or shearwave
• Has comprehensive knowledge of ASME, ANSI, ASNT, ASTM, AWS, NACE, API, ASIC, and SSPC national codes
• Computer proficiency required. Working knowledge of MS office (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to navigate on the internet
• Strong analytical and communication skills
• Must have an understanding of the basic physical and NDE principles and processes; should understand or be educated in fundamental algebra and trigonometry and able to read, comprehend and/or prepare technical specifications and procedures
• Familiarity with Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) methods and procedures desired
• CWI certification is a plus
• Must be able to work under pressure
• Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department
Our core values – safety, service, respect, global perspective and integrity – define our culture. And our skilled employees are among the most respected experts in our industry. Perhaps you should be the next among us.
Exterran is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Exterran provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local law.