RESIDENTIAL DIRECT CARE COUNSELOR
TOWARD INDEPENDENT LIVING AND LEARNING (TILL), INC. is an innovative human service agency dedicated to providing quality community-based services to individuals who have developmental disabilities. TILL, Inc. offers equal employment opportunities in the following program.
Full or part time positions available in Acton, Andover, Arlington, Burlington, Bedford, Brookline, Brighton, Bridgewater, Billerica, Concord, Danvers, Dorchester, Easton, Hyde Park, Lexington, Littleton, Lowell, Maynard, Newton, Peabody, Quincy, Roslindale, Westborough, Weymouth and Stoughton.
Hours run primarily 3pm-11pm with a 14 hour shift on Saturday or Sunday. Driver's license required. Overnight positions run from 11pm-9am.
RESIDENTIAL SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL
The Support Professional is an integral part of the residential service. He/She is responsible for working as a team member of the household. The specific duties of the Support Professional will be those defined by the Residence Manager. He/She is directly accountable to the Residence Manager, and is thereby equally responsible, along with and under the direction of the Residence Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. To develop a warm, home-like, cooperative atmosphere in the residence in which both individuals and staff share.
2. To safeguard the privacy and confidentiality of the residents and staff.
3. To develop and implement the teaching plans.
4. To perform duties that ensure the health and safety of the individuals and staff.
5. To work with the Residence Manager on the development, updating and implementation of the residents' individual support plans.
6. To maintain appropriate progress notes and pertinent records corresponding to individual ISP and other pertinent record keeping requirements.
7. To work with the Residence Manager on the location and/or development of recreational activities for the individuals.
8. To assist the Residence Manager on the follow through of all individual medical and mental health treatment plans and medical orders; to assist in the development of new medical service procedures as needed.
9. To assist in the training of all individuals in self-preservation skills and the development of fire and emergency procedures, which may require going up and down stairs.
10. To follow the regulations as outlined by the agencies responsible for licensing and approving the residence.
11. To train individuals in ADL's, self-help and socialization skills. These essential teaching plans may require physical assistance, including lifting the individuals, passive restraints and hand over hand implementation.
12. To drive individuals to and from work when necessary.
13. To drive and participate in recreational events and individuals’ doctor’s appointments when necessary.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
1. To cover the residence when necessary on an emergency basis.
2. To attend orientation, in-service and required trainings, and regular residence staff meetings as outlined by the Residence Manager.
3. To represent TILL's residential services to the public.
Must be 18 years of age or older. A valid driver's license is required. Must possess good written and verbal skills to effectively communicate individual needs and objectives. Must be able to pass the Medication Certification Training in English. CPR and First Aid training are a condition of employment. This position includes providing direct care for the individuals including lifting individuals, passive restraint, and hand-over-hand assistance.
WE OFFER AN ATTRACTIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDING:
TUITION REIMBURSEMENT AND TUITION REMISSION PROGRAMS, A 403-B AND SUCCESS SHARING PLAN, HEALTH AND DENTAL COVERAGE, A CREDIT UNION, LONG TERM DISABILITY AND LIFE INSURANCE, TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT BONUSES.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON ALL OF TILL'S PROGRAMS AND POSITIONS CALL OR WRITE:
20 Eastbrook Road
Dedham, MA 02026-2056
TILL is a nationally recognized organization with the resources to support individuals of all ages with developmental disabilities, mental retardation, mental health, physical disabilities, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders including Asperger's Syndrome, emotional problems, and brain injuries.
Beyond our commitment to making people's lives fuller and as independent as possible, what sets TILL apart is our ability to take carefully considered risks to develop new models of services that are in keeping with what we learn from our individuals and families. This innovation is obvious in our entrepreneurial culinary and food service programs, as well as our residential Creative Living Options. Our sports, fitness and recreation programs create respect and confidence in one’s talents and those of others. Join us in TILL games, Springboard, April Madness and vacation clubs to witness this excitement first hand. Look further and you will find that this energy and curiosity guides all of our work. We are committed today as when we began in 1980 to set trends in models of community based care. We take the trust that families, funders and individuals place in us to continue to grow and learn with them.