***If you applied for this position prior to 5/16/2013 we did not get your resume as there was a problem with the site. Please reapply!!
Full Time Benefited Positions including health insurance, free dental, sick and vacation time in first year. Head Teachers $15.00 and up. Assistant Teachers $11.00 and up.
These teaching positions are in a school readiness classroom.
Head Teacher/Must Have Associates/Bachelors Degree with 12 ECE Credits
- Plan and manage the delivery of age appropriate programs and activities that foster the physical, emotional, intellectual and social development of children enrolled in the program;
- Facilitate effective communication between staff and parents in the resolution of issues or concerns;
- Identify issues or conflict amongst children, students, and or staff and implement appropriate interventions necessary to maintain an orderly, safe and healthy environment;
- Follow defined State protocols in the reporting of suspected child abuse or neglect;
- Monitor all aspects of program and service delivery to ensure staffing levels, facility, equipment and material used area fully compliant with State licensing regulations and health and safety standards; the same for NAEYC accreditation and School Readiness where applicable;
- Respond to all medical situations and initiate appropriate intervention to ensure the safety and health of all children
Assistant Teacher/Must Have CDA + 12 ECE Credits and working towards Associates or Bachelors
Assist Head Teacher in providing a supportive, respectful, safe and healthy environment for children enrolled in YWCA programs. Support Head Teacher in the implementation of activities geared to meet the developing needs of a large group of children and channel the interests of children in a productive and safe manner.
Fax resume to 860-543-8919, Attention, Human Resources. Download application at www.ywcahartford.org. Stop by to fill out an application at 135 Broad Street, Hartford, CT 06105.