- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the sales lot.
- Develops buyers by maintaining rapport with previous customers; suggesting trade-ins; meeting prospects at community activities; greeting drop-ins; responding to inquiries; recommending sales campaigns and promotions.
- Explains product performance, application, and benefits to prospects and describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Completes sales orders and processes paperwork (including insurance information, trade title, etc.) to finance and insurance manager.
- Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery and ensures that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
- Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's service department and schedules first service appointment.
- Follows up on all post delivery items and maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Provides sales management information by completing reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and two to three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Automotive dealership experience and sales experience is preferred. Past experience should include sales and other related experience. Knowledge of MS Word, Advent and Windows is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents and regulations. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers and the general public. Ability to sell. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, pro-rata, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic accounting.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Current State of California Commercial Sales license.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Skill and ability to type 35 wpm. Skill and ability to operate a computer. Skill and ability to organize and prioritize work. Skill and ability to meet deadlines and operate office equipment. Skill and ability to use MS Word and company software. Skill and ability to sell, drive, and demonstrate dealership vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle controls; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel is minimal with most contact with customers in person and correspondence.