Requirements and Conditions:
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Requires valid driver’s license
Work Holidays as scheduled
Work weekends as scheduled
(accredited school) or equivalent work experience
This job also requires the applicant's to have the following Licenses / Certifications
• DMV-certified driving instructor (State of California) preferred
• Min. 1 year experience in driving instruction field preferred
• Full driving privileges, clean LiveScan/DoJ record
Must have 1 - 3 years (total) of experience in the following:
Administration: Knowledge of administrative procedures, process/project development, and system procedures.
Automotive - Technical: Knowledge of automotive technical information systems and repair/diagnostic procedures.
Business - General: Knowledge of fundamental business practices and concepts that impact the success and profitability of the organization.
Education: Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, including adult learning theory, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
Market Research: Knowledge of market research sources, data analysis techniques and methodology from various research tools.
Public Relations: Knowledge of principles of effective communications, mass media, publicity, advertising, and community relations.
Quality Assurance: Knowledge of accounting standards, statistical analysis, precision measurement, and process capability.
Sales: Knowledge of selling processes, procedures and techniques used by the industry to create a positive customer experience and encourage repeat business.
Skills and Abilities Required:
• High standard of courteous and defensive driving
• Subject matter knowledge (in accordance with DMV requirements)
• Strong lesson and course planning skills
• Proven practice with learning/coaching techniques
• Established feedback and motivational techniques for behind-the-wheel driving lessons
• Basic computer literacy (proficient use of Email and main Microsoft Office products)
Personal skills and attributes
• Communicates clearly, concisely and easily with customers - adult and teen – and internally within MBUSA
• Expresses ideas and concepts powerfully
• Understanding of marketing methods and relationship building with clients
Interpersonal and social skills
• Understands learner styles and can adapt to individual learner styles, abilities, competencies and social situations
• High degree of customer service orientation
• Demonstrates advanced safe and considerate driving skills
• Flexible and open to others’ ideas and approaches
• Identifies problems and seeks solutions within the team
• Puts forward new ideas powerfully and confidently
• Is highly motivated and committed to professional development
• Demonstrates an ability to self-reflect
• Practices disciplined work habits: is punctual and reliable within the operation
• Displays a high level of personal organization skills
• Is accountable (seeks solutions when things go wrong)
• Is passionate about the Mercedes-Benz brand
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication and time management skills
• Maintain team quality standards
• Maintain up to date and detailed records
• Punctual and smart
• Demonstrable awareness of safety and efficiency
• Successful biannual performance reviews with manager
• Excellent feedback from customers
• Able to work evenings/weekends