POSTING NOTICE NO: 4307
DATE POSTED: 5/13/2013
JOB TITLE: Medical Director
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-Time
SCHEDULED HOURS: 40 hours/week
MISSION: To ensure that all medical services of the
agency are high quality and meet the highest standards of professional
SCOPE: Responsible for the
oversight of all medical services within the agency; functions as chief
psychiatrist; directs and oversees the professional practices of the nursing
staff and psychiatrists; participates in agency performance improvement
processes; develops and supports JCAHO accreditation processes in conjunction
with the COO; participates in Risk Management processes.
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE FOLLOWING RESULTS:
- Participate in the development and implementation of all policies and procedures governing the provision of all agency medical services, assuring consistency with the agency mission, agency-wide policies, and licensing and accreditation standards.
- Coordinate and integrate medical services with treatment planning and delivery of care in close cooperation with the COO and Division Directors.
Management and Services
- Supervise treatment provided by psychiatrists and nursing staff to ensure compliance with accepted practice guidelines.
- Review the prescription practices of
psychiatrists and APRN’s to ensure adherence to appropriate medical practice.
- Attend weekly Outpatient Utilization Review
meetings to authorize treatment.
- Establish and maintain positive working
relationships with community health organizations and outside medical services
to ensure coordination of client care.
- Conduct case conferences/consultations, as
required internally, and participate in those initiated by payers.
- Evaluate the quality and cost-effectiveness of agency medical services through utilization of the agency’s Performance Improvement System and through direct supervision of medical staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates competency in age-related or specialty issues and developmental needs for each population served.
- Provide training, as necessary, as requested by
the Senior Managers and Training Committee.
- May perform other assignments and duties, as
training needs require.