Looking for an opportunity to work in healthcare the way you always dreamed you could? At Antelope Valley Hospital, our employees are at the heart of what we do best – delivering high quality, patient-centered healthcare.
Antelope Valley Hospital, a 420 bed acute care facility, located just 60 miles north of Los Angeles, the Antelope Valley is one of Southern California’s fasted growing communities. We are a Level II Trauma Center and Joint Commission Primary Stroke Center Accredited. Serving the community for over 50 years, our non-profit hospital has grown to be the preeminent healthcare facility for our district’s nearly 1.2 million residents.
We are currently seeking a Clinical Pharmacist to join a forward thinking organization as we continue to grow into a destination medical center of excellence.
Under the direction of the Clinical Coordinator, Assistant Director and Director of Pharmacy Services, the Clinical Pharmacist Specialist shall: a) provide clinical pharmacy services, including primary and consultative services, to patients and health care providers to ensure optimal drug utilization in assigned specialty area(s), b) assist in the planning and development of clinical pharmacy activities related to specialty area(s), c) provide leadership and mentoring for clinical staff to help ensure excellence in clinical pharmacy d) participate in clinical research, oversee and/or participate in the preparation and dispensing of medications, and e) provide education and training to pharmacy students, medical staff physicians and nurses, and healthcare-related professionals. The clinical pharmacist specialist will perform these objectives primarily in an assigned specialty area.
- Fully understands and can apply all state and federal laws and regulations related to the practice of pharmacy.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of current drug therapies, drug interactions, pharmacokinetics, and sociologic principles necessary to assist in the safe and effective utilization of drugs by patients
- Demonstrate knowledge and proficiency regarding special needs and behaviors of age or ethnic specific groups
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate the ability to collaborate with other health care professionals
- Ability to adhere with AVH Policies and Procedures and demonstrate knowledge and understanding of corporate compliance rules and regulations
- Ability to adhere to safety rules and regulations and maintain the confidentiality of patient, hospital, and department information
- Must possess ability to develop and implement medication related protocols