Science & Technology
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
Allied Search Partners, the leader in laboratory staffing, is currently working with a client in the Austin area to find a qualified supervisor for the Hematology Department. Our client is a state of the art medical laboratory testing company that offers a wide range of anatomical and clinical testing services. Know someone for this position? We offer to pay you a referral bonus if we place your referral in a position.
For a complete list of current Allied Search Partners openings Nationwide please go to: http://www.alliedsearchpartners.com/careers.php
Position: Hematology Supervisor
Schedule: Monday-Friday Day Shift
Location: Austin, TX
To apply: Please send resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or fax to 888 388 7572. No other information about the location or name of facility is given at this time.
Things to remember:
- We are a staffing agency and conduct searches confidentially for our clients either at their request or to protect our resources involved in locating talent. In order to facilitate this we must submit a resume to HR.
- Your resume will only be sent over for the position in this job description
- Our job is to connect talented individuals such as your self with top notch labs
- Full disclosure will be given once HR has requested an interview
- We do not send your information to current or past employers nor do we send your information to anywhere you request that it not be sent
Responsible for the overall operation of the department. Responsible for orientating, evaluating, and documenting performance of testing personnel. Establishes, maintains, and revises departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and safety. Oversee and reviews patient test results, quality control results, and takes remedial action when indicated. Maintains departmental expenses and productivity as budgeted.
- Hires and directs departmental staff in the performance of their duties
- Interviews all prospective applicants for the department
- Oversees departmental general orientation and training of employees in a timely manner
- Counsels employees when indicated in accordance with departmental policies
- Utilizes staff effectively through scheduling and work assignments
- Oversees and maintains the following departmental programs
- Institutes and revises departmental policies and procedures as needed
- Develops and maintains departmental quality assurance and quality control programs, taking corrective action when indicated
- Follows and enforces all safety policies
- Assists with continuing education programs within the laboratory
- Utilizes the following tools to manage departmental resources
- Maintains expenses within a budgeted variance
- Maintains appropriate chemicals and supplies to correspond with testing requirements
- Identifies and recommends items for capital purchase
- Evaluates data to determine to the most cost effective methods and supplies
- Utilizes technical skills and abilities to perform laboratory testing
- Ability to competently perform all tests in moderate and high complexity testing.
- Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting and maintaining records of patient results
- Performs miscellaneous duties and/or special projects as assigned
Education: BS in Medical Technology; and must qualify as a general supervisor under current CLIA regulations
Certification: Certified in the area of Clinical Laboratory Science by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists
Required - five years of recent experience in Hematology
Preferred - two years of experience in Hematology management
Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical reports. Ability to write accurate and concise clinical documents, memos, and required correspondence. Ability to collect and analyze data using statistical methods. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the laboratory and with laboratory customers.
*Need a similar laboratory professional for your lab? Contact us today for more information on how we can help fill your job opening with a qualified laboratory employee.