Rotek Incorporated, a ThyssenKrupp company and member of the Rothe Erde group, is the North American leading manufacturer of slewing bearings (including ball and roller slewing bearings and wire-race slewing bearings). Furthermore, Rotek is a market leader for seamless forged steel and non-ferrous metal rings.
Throughout the world, Rotek slewing bearings and forged rings are installed in a wide variety of applications. Rotek slewing bearings and forged rings prove every day to be important structural and connection elements used in mechanical engineering, in harbor cranes, ship deck cranes, truck cranes and construction cranes as well as in excavators, antenna systems, in aviation and aerospace, in the offshore technology, rail vehicles, telescopes, tunneling machines, wind energy turbines, underwater turbines and solar energy plants.
The Sales Engineer reports to the Sales Manager. Must have technical sales knowledge. Is responsible for personal and regular contact with all existing customers within his assigned territory. Is responsible for developing new business and new accounts within assigned territory. Is responsible for securing the maximum business available by providing the technical assistance, as well as all other services and products offered by Rotek. Keeps the Sales Manager updated on competitive activities and practices. Is responsible for assigned quota performances and is accountable for intelligent use of time and expense allowances. Job offers base salary plus incentive program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain regular and personal contact with established customers and continuing effort to develop new business and customers.
- Goal is to spend 70% of available time in personal contact with accounts or potential accounts. This should be consistent with optimization of planned travel.
- Is responsible for being alert to all competitive activities and practices. Reports to the Sales Manager all opportunities and assists in remedial action for problems. Is to report any customer product line changes and personnel buying influences.
- Is responsible for meeting assigned quota objectives (volume, margins and expenses).
- Is responsible for assisting Sales Manager in developing forecasts, call frequencies, customer priorities, market analysis data, and all required reporting by or on the required dates.
- Is responsible for maintaining current customer files with names and titles of significant personnel.
- No staff responsibility. However, as a line personnel, is responsible to provide the Sales Manager with data, intelligence and information required for planning, as well as daily conduct of business.
- External Contacts: Is in continual contact with all customers and potential customers’ personnel who influence buying. Is expected to spend 80% of time in personal contact with customers and potential customers within his assigned territory.
- Internal Contacts: Is in regular contact with the Sales Manager, Sales Administration Department, Engineering Department.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (BA preferably a tech degree) from four-year college or university.