The Associate Director of Research Contracting reports to the National Director, Center for Clinical Research, CHI Institute for Research and Innovation (CIRI), and is responsible for:
- Overseeing development and implementation of the CCR’s research contracting process;
- Collaborating with the CHI Legal Services Group (LSG) to develop and maintain contracting templates, policies and procedures;
- Leading and providing supervision to the research contracting group; and
- Providing leadership and guidance to CHI and CIRI overall on research contracting best practices.
1. Ensure successful implementation of CCR’s business and operating plans for the research contracting process.
2. Lead the research contracting group in collaboration with LSG to develop templates, policies and procedures, checklists and guidelines.
3. Provide guidance as needed on contract negotiation strategy, and engage LSG when appropriate.
4. Supervise the CCR contracting group, including Research Contracts Managers and Research Contracts Analysts, in accordance with CIRI and CHI policies.
5. Screen and hire new staff, assess and manage the workload of the CCR contracting group.
6. Incorporate defined performance metrics and criteria needed to monitor performance on a continuous basis.
7. Conduct annual performance reviews of direct reports.
8. Provide training and education to CHI, MBOs, and research staff on the contracting process, contracts management and negotiation, and other related topics as requested.
9. Develop and maintain working relationships with research sponsors, CIRI staff, LSG, and MBO research staff.
10. Ensure a high level of customer service to CIRI and MBO research staff.
11. Additional duties as assigned.