URS is a leading provider of engineering, construction and technical services for public agencies and private sector companies around the world. The Company offers a broad range of planning, engineering and architectural design, environmental, construction, program and construction management, systems integration, operations and maintenance, management and a wide range of specialized technical services for the U.S. federal government, state and local government agencies, Fortune 500 companies and other multinational corporations. We provide services for transportation, hazardous waste, industrial infrastructure and process, petrochemical, general building, water/wastewater, military facilities and equipment platforms, and defense and security programs.
The Infrastructure & Environment Division of URS is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Coastal Engineer for immediate employment in the Miami, Florida office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established ports and maritime career. URS is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects.
• Lead a team of designers, engineers, and/or architects in the management of minor/major projects.
• Work on the planning, design, and/or construction management of new and/or retrofit of various waterfront structures
• Prepare calculations, sketches, marking-up drawings and interacting with drafters and designers, and other engineers
• Estimate engineering/design labor hours; develop and manage project data such as contract documents, cost estimates, specifications, and schedule
• On specific projects, candidate may be both the design engineer as well as the project engineer, working directly with the clients
• Expected to use education, expertise, and knowledge of construction methods to resolve the engineering problems and tasks assigned.
• Work on the planning, design, inspection, and/or construction management of waterfront and coastal structures, marinas, and other public and private projects
• Supervise other engineers on projects where candidate is the lead engineer.
• Responsible for training other in-house engineers, as well as in assisting in expanding the waterfront group
• Coordinated efforts with the other divisions throughout the region, including Ports and Maritime division will be essential to the success of the position.
• Report to the Ports and Maritime East Coast Lead
URS does not accept unsolicited resumes from third party agencies or recruiters. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to hiring managers. All resumes must be submitted by the applicant to be considered for a position at URS.
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume online at www.urscorp.com
and refer to Requisition # IE74791