Looking for a job as a Night Auditor? Well look no further. The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is looking for a Part-time Night Auditor to reconcile all hotel cashier transactions; review, organize and compile management reports on a timely basis and ensure the accuracy of guest billings and city ledger transactions. He/she is also responsible for effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management and performing guest service agent duties as required, including check-in, check-out, switchboard operation and reservations.
The Wyndham Pittsburgh University Center is located on the University of Pittsburgh campus, in the heart of Oakland. It is several blocks from Carnegie Mellon University as well as several UPMC hospitals. This 251 room hotel offers a full-service restaurant and lounge, 7,333-sq foot of meeting space, and an indoor heated pool. Nearby attractions include Heinz Field, Consol Energy Center, PNC Park, Kennywood Park, Sandcastle Waterpark, the Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History, and Point State Park. Our employees enjoy free parking, a free meal when working, and discounted hotel rooms throughout the company. We are less than a block away from public transportation.
The Night Auditor is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy and effectively communicating concerns and/or related issues to all levels of management.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basis arithmetic functions.
- Must be willing to cross train in other accounting or hotel-related areas.
- Must be able to prioritize job functions in order to meet deadlines.
- Audit and reconcile financial and statistical reports.
- Prepare and distribute necessary daily reports as required (i.e. Daily OPerating Report, Discount Programs, Tax Reports, etc.) according to hotel standards.
- Prepare and distribute month-end reports.
- Audit and reconcile all Front Desk and Food & Beverage's work.
- Audit, reconcile, consolidate and transmit all credit cards on a timely basis.
- Ensure accuracy of all numbers reported including statistics.
- Input and update financial information into corporate communications network.
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and annual data processing system functions as required.
- Keep management abreast of any unusual operational or financial events and/or deviations of policies or procedures.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Respond to governmental inquiries upon receipt.
- Handle guest requests.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all levels of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotel Group Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.