Associates get the royal treatment at Garmin. Regardless if you’re a newbie or a veteran, engineers dream it, design it and use it. Here, you will be surrounded by others who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects…oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
At Garmin, our aviation technology provides an industry-leading combination of performance, safety, quality, value, innovation and ease of operation to help our consumers get the most out of every hour they spend in the air. We strive for continual innovation, resulting in high-quality, state-of-the-art products aimed at giving our pilots an unwavering level of confidence when they’re up in the air.
At Garmin, we like to laugh, have fun and work hard. It comes easily when you work on cool products with hard-working individuals who share the same passion. We offer numerous opportunities to get involved – kickball anyone? – and believe strongly in a work-life balance so your creativity can flow.
Garmin's Aviation Engineering team is seeking a full time Aircraft Maintenance Team Leader/FAA Part 145 Repair Station Manager in Salem, OR.
POSITION SUMMARY: Manages Garmin AT Aircraft Maintenance Team and Part 145 Aircraft Repair Station in support of testing and certification of Garmin products.
• Supervise and direct the activities of Aviation Maintenance Technicians
• Ensures that all aircraft maintenance and modification are accomplished by acceptable methods and techniques and in accordance with the specifications set forth by the manufacturer in the service manuals, the Federal Aviation Regulations, other approved data, and established policies/procedures.
• Performs surveillance of aircraft record keeping and the corresponding inspection records, reports, and forms to ensure proper execution including performing technical research as required to determine status/compliance of aircraft data.
• Provides technical guidance and oversight to Aviation Maintenance Technicians on techniques, practices, aids, equipment, and tools used to perform the maintenance, preventive maintenance, or alterations.
• Ensures that aircraft squawks reported by flight crews are promptly addressed.
• Coordinates with the Flight Test Team Lead in scheduling maintenance and modification of company aircraft
• Works cooperatively with Flight Test personnel to maintain configuration of flight test aircraft
• Obtain FAA installation approvals for equipment installations and modifications to company aircraft
• Manages FAA Aircraft Repair Station including representing the company on maintenance and installation related issues with the FAA.
• Supervises the development and implementation of all 145 manuals, training records, and repair station audits.
• Develops and implements work processes, standards, and policies for work conducted by aviation maintenance technicians to ensure high levels of production and regulatory compliance.
• Works cooperatively with Garmin engineers to accomplish the design, implementation, and certification of Garmin products and their installation.
• Works with Aviation Maintenance Technicians to plan their professional development and obtain necessary training.
• Responsible for the aircraft facilities, including work area, materials, tools, repair station inventory, and test equipment; and to ensure all is clean, organized and maintained.
• Ensures all referenced data including but not limited to maintenance manuals, service bulletins, parts books, regulatory updates, and other technical directives are the current distributed revisions available
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Conducts company conformity inspections as a part of aircraft certification activities
• Conducts modifications of flight test aircraft including installation of avionics and test equipment