1. Gains knowledge and experience required for promotion to Book Fair consultant positions under the direction of experience Book Fair consultants or direct supervisor.
2, Receives training and performs duties in several areas such as sales, marketing promotional materials, warehousing, inventory, customer service, information systems (AS400 reports) to become familiar with the functions, operations, company policies and procedures that affect the Book Fairs business.
3. Works in warehouse; identifies aisle locations of Brand fair materials, gains experience with cases, toppers, displays, cash registers, credit cards, costumes and how they are used, packs all Brand fairs, rides with a driver.
4. Observes experienced sales consultant to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required to perform the job.
5. Attends company-sponsored training as required.
6. Attend hotel shows, conventions or host schools as assigned.
7. Assists experienced sales consultants in contacting schools, booking fairs, making pre-fair calls, working with field reps, tracking numbers and goals for assigned territory, handling overflow calls for reorders, etc.
8. Maintain business confidentiality relative to pricing, promotions, customer lists, and methods of distribution.
9. Ability to get along with coworkers.
10. Support our mission to encourage reading and promote lifelong learning, and demonstrate our values of caring and respect for all people.
11. Cover open territory due to illness, vacation or dismissal.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalent required. BA/BS degree preferred.
2. Minimum 2 years sales or customer service experience.
3. Basic math skills.
4. Proficiency with MS Office software; experience with Sales Automation, Customer Relationship Management, or Web-based software programs.
5. Familiarization with children's literature, Book Fairs, and school activities desired.
6. Highly organized, self-starter, goal-oriented.
7. Strong oral and written communication skills.
8. Customer service oriented.
9. Maintain professional appearance and demeanor.
10. Calm under pressure with ability to adapt to change.
11. Current and valid driver's license with good driving record required.