Colfax Fluid Handling in Monroe, NC, is currently searching for an Entry level Desktop Support Specialist to join its growing team. Recent Computer Science and related graduates are welcome and encouraged to apply.
In this diverse role, you will provide support for the company’s desktop hardware and software platform, Support areas including, but are not limited to laptops, desktops, printers, software applications, helpdesk, network, and server hardware support for eight geographically dispersed sites
- Provide PC hardware and software support for user community.
- Installation of new PCs, peripheral hardware and system upgrades.
- Manage system images and distribute upgraded system images to remote facilities.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and makes recommendations to management regarding technology enhancements, which could provide cost savings or business enhancements.
- Support for LAN and Server infrastructures.
- Undertakes special projects, as assigned.
- Perform other duties, as required, in support of the departments’ goals.
- On call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any and all production or systems problems or questions.
Knowledge, Skills, Education:
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years experience in desktop/systems support.
- 1-2 years of “hands-on” experience with a disk cloning or deployment solution.
- Experience with Dell Hardware (i.e., Desktop, Laptops, etc.)
- Windows XP, Window 7, Apple, Microsoft office 2003/2007/2010
- Must be technically abreast of both existing and emerging technologies in the desktop hardware and software arena.
- Microsoft and/or Cisco certifications is a plus.
- Knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager is a plus.
- Experience with VMware is a plus.
- Experience in an Active Directory environment is a plus.
- Strong Customer Service Skills are required, as well as strong organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required and interpersonal and influence skills required.
- Analysis and Problem Solving skills required
- This position may require travel to other company locations 10-15% of the time.