Director of Registrars and Academic Compliance
Reporting to the Campus President, the Director of Registrar is responsible for managing the day to day operation of the Registrar’s Office and ensuring campus compliance to all applicable academic laws, regulations, and policies.
• Monitor all academic records – includes special areas such as FERPA, SEVIS, VA, and IPEDS. This also includes taking ownership of the audit process (internal, DOE, SOX, VA, etc.).
• Interpret academic rules and regulations. Should have superior knowledge of the catalog and function as an advisor on academic compliance.
• Oversee system changes that effect reporting and academic records (SOX, grade changes, course substitutions, enrollment statuses).
• Perform strategic data analysis, includes creating and manipulating reports/data to identify compliance issue or campus policy violations. Partner with other department heads to identify risk.
• Manage population data – includes grad date, reentry, and start monitoring.
• Function as a CampusVue Super User – includes managing all Registrar processes in the system.
• Oversee the student scheduling/registration process in CampusVue.
• Coordinate the appeals process – includes receiving and organizing SAP and attendance appeals, distributing them for appropriate approvals, and ensuring decisions are made in a timely manner
• Manage end of term SAP process in conjunction with the DAA – includes having strong understanding of SAP process, managing collection required paperwork, and processing SAP statuses in a timely manner.
• Manage building of the master schedule in CampusVue – includes overseeing input of master schedule designed by DAA and PDs, ensuring optimal use of classroom facilities, and monitoring for instructor/room duplications
• Manage graduation eligibility process – includes reviewing records to ensure students are cleared to graduate, determining honors eligibility, collecting sign offs from PDs, communicating grad list to Career Services, and graduating students in the system
• Perform transcript evaluations – includes partnering with Program Directors as subject matter experts.
• Serve as a valuable member of the campus academic management team, using critical thinking skills and making informed, appropriate decisions
• Manage transcript requests, enrollment and attendance verifications, and other records inquiries in accordance with FERPA guidelines.
• Assess employee performance and quality of work. Manage the direction of assigned personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluate performance and make recommendations for personnel actions. Oversee all personnel activities, including conducting interviews, hiring new employees, terminating employees as necessary, etc.
• Manage the Proof of Graduation process – includes partnering with Admissions and Student Services to ensure appropriate documentation is received.
• Other duties as appropriate