Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
4 Year Degree
At least 5 year(s)
At Ingersoll Rand we’re passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We know that hour by hour and day by day, we advance the quality of life by making environments safe, comfortable and efficient. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car®, Ingersoll Rand®, Schlage®, Thermo King®, and Trane®, contribute to a world defined by sustainable progress and enduring results.
This position can be based out of Minneapolis MN, Lacrosse WI or Davidson NC.
As a member of global Business Intelligence team, the BI Lead works on large global business intelligence program. This resource will work closely with project teams responsible for full BI development lifecycle (designing, building, testing, deploying). Should have strong knowledge of end-to-end BI solution and feel comfortable working on teams with both internal and external resources. This position will define and deploy strategies and projects for analytical and reporting needs that create competitive advantages. In addition, this role will be responsible to drive change, expand business capabilities through technical expertise and business partnership, and help to drive the overall strategy roadmap.
Collaborating with peer domain architects (information architects, ETL architects, BI Architects) to design, build, and implement BI solution that conform to global standards
Provide technical design and oversight for development of analytic driven BI solutions
Development, maintenance and promotion of modeling standards that support analytics development
Must be able to leverage entire OBIEE tool set, capable of developing BI solutions, and leading a BI project team to provide the optimal BI solution to meet business needs.
Work with regional teams to ensure compliance with global standards and integration into global architecture
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Information Technology (CS, CE, or related). Equivalent experience will be considered in lieu of these degrees
- 5 years of BI architecture, design, and development experience
- 3+ years working with full Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (10g, 11g)
- 3+ years working with Oracle Business Intelligence Applications
- Business Intelligence, Data Warehouse and Data Mart architecture and technologies.
- Working experience reporting against large DBMS (Oracle)
- Expertise in Business Intelligence methodologies
- Experience leading full BI development life-cycle (design, build, test, deploy, maintain)
Additional Skills & Knowledge
- Strong data modeling experience with emphasis on design and development of dimensional models.
- Experience with ETL tools (DAC, Informatica, Oracle DW builder, etc.)
- Experience with BI Publisher
- Capable of understanding server administration, optimization, and maintenance
- Understanding of Project Management practices
- Understanding of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities
- Work effectively in a global and decentralized matrix team environment
- Strong organization and communication skills
Our Climate Solutions sector delivers energy-efficient Climate Solutions delivers energy-efficient solutions globally and includes Trane, which provides HVAC systems and building services, parts, support and controls for commercial buildings, and Thermo King, the leader in transport temperature control solutions.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.